Monday, April 22, 2013

What is the strongest indoor antenna out there for digital?

Q. We live like 30-40 miles away from any of the towers. The indoor antenna we have now worked great for the digital stations until they fully broadcasted in digital only, now we might need a stronger antenna, we live in an apartment and cant mount an outdoor antenna, and the one we have now is a digital amplified one.

A. My home made antenna works better than any store bought antennas I ever tried and cost me less than $5.oo to build.

This is my story;
Before you buy a antenna for your new HDTV or converter box, try hooking up your old analog TV antenna. If your digital signal is weak and you have a lot of drop outs. You may want to build your own antenna like I did. I have tried all sorts of commercial store bought antennas and must say my home made antenna beats the pants off of all of them.

Go to my MSN blog to get all the info you'll need to build your own antenna.

http://hthut.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2243ABF263B6C3B5!209.entry

hyghwayman


Is there a HD television antenna that will work in a mobile home?
Q. We live within 20 miles of several television towers. We've gotten rid of cable, and would like to just have an antenna. I am concerned that my metal roof and wall will interfere with reception. Does anyone have any experience with this?

A. I was just googling and came across this product you should buy these one from over here
Winegard FV-HD30 FreeVision HDTV Antenna
Receives free digital & HD programming?no monthly programming fees
Receives channels that cable & satellite don't get (multi-casting technology)
Clearest HD possible?no compression
Back up in emergencies/bad weather


What is the best indoor DTV antenna on the market?
Q. I've had trouble getting DTV reception ever since they switched over in 2009. I know setting up an outdoor antenna on the roof will give the best reception, but I am not able to do that right now. Thanks for any good recommendations.

A. Your geographical location may not be strong enough for an indoor DTV antenna to work effectively.
The AntennaWeb.org mapping program, provided by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB), locates the proper outdoor* antenna to receive your local television broadcast channels.

Based on geographical maps and signal strengths, AntennaWeb locates the best antenna for you — whether the antenna is for use with a home satellite system, high-definition television (HDTV) or a traditional analog set.
You enter your zip code and answer a few questions and the online calculator will recommend the proper kind of HDTV antenna for your location. BRILLIANT!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment