Friday, May 24, 2013

What is the best Amplified HDTV Antenna?

Q. I live in Riverside, California about 50 miles from the transmitters atop Mt. Wilson near Los Angeles. I need the best Amplified HDTV Antenna for this range. My apartment building is built of cinder block so it will have to be in a window. My TV is a Samsung with built in HDTV Receiver.

A. I have a Channel Master with rotor and preamp mounted on a tower. Can pickup station 50 miles from my location. May be to large for a apartment.

Look in the yellow-pages for a local antenna installer in you area and ask them this question. That's how I started my research for my antenna.

Also do some research here.
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Best of luck.


What channels can I catch using indoor HDTV antenna?
Q. I just bought a new LCD HDTV. If I attach an indoor HDTV antenna to my TV, what channels will i get? Will i get channels like Disney channel, etc?
I live in New Jersey.

A. No you will not get the Disney Channel, it is a subscription channel that your local cable or satellite provider pays for. BUT there are alot of HD broadcast channels that you can get. NJ is a big place, so a blanket statement wont' work, but in or near metro areas you will get many more channels than out in the boonies.


What is the difference of HDTV antenna and a DTV antenna?
Q. Which is clearer HDTV antennas or DTV antennas? i have a 1080i flat screen. and want clear tv without cable.

Is there a difference, which is clearer, and which supports HD channels and normal channels both? do they output in 1080i, 720i, or 420p?

A. >What is the difference of HDTV antenna and a DTV antenna?

There isn't any difference. They are just meaningless marketing buzzwords. In North America, even 30 year old TV antennas are "HDTV", "DTV", "Digital", or whatever marketing BS is printed on the box.

These terms are useless in choosing a TV antenna.

>supports HD channels and normal channels both?

They all support both.

>do they output in 1080i, 720i, or 420p?

They all output whatever the TV stations broadcast. The antenna has nothing to do with digital resolution.

What antenna is best for you depends on where you are located. The details of your local TV transmitters, location relative to them, and even the construction of your house is what is important in choosing a TV antenna.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment