Friday, April 12, 2013

If i purchase a hdtv but dont have the direct tv HD box will my picture be worse then analog?

Q. i have basic direct tv service currently, do i need to upgrade to an hd reciever to have abetter picture? and if i hook my hdtv up to an analog reciever will my picture be worse than with an analog tv? that is what a friend told me. can i have the hd reciever without upgrading to the hd service?

A. It will look bad compared to non hd . My kids bought me and my wife a HD TV for Christmas / Hanuka and have not been very happy with Direct TVs HD. We continue to have problems. They replaced the box, cables and dish and still we get pixel problems, voice sync problems ( looks like a 1950's Japanese dubbed movie) lose picture on HD channel but OK on non-hd channel. 6 months and we're feed up with them, especially since they want to charge us to come work on their problems, we're switching to IO. My sister in-law has I/O and doesn't lose picture or other problems in bad weather. My dish has 100% cLear line of site and my feeling is the dish is to sensitive and I rather be on a cable.


How can I bring up the subject of buying a HDTV to my dad?
Q. I have some money, and I really want to buy an HDTV. How can I bring up the subject to my dad? It's just hard for me, since I know he hates it when I buy expensive things, but I really want an HDTV for watching TV and playing video games. So how can I bring up the subject?

A. You know Dad, I think we could use a new HDTV..

You know son, when I was a kid we only had one tv in the house, and we kept it for over 30 years. Why would you want to get a new one?

Because Dad, HDTV is the latest thing and everybody has one. Why can't we have one too just like everyone else. Besides it makes the games on PS3 much more exciting.

Okay son, I agree. Let's get a 50" Plasma 1080P..


Is there a sure fired way to improve the SD quality on a HDTV?
Q. I have done a few question pointing to this subject, but now I really want to know, is there a proven way to improve the SD image on a HDTV WITHOUT upgrading to a HD receiver. I own a HDTV and a SD satellite receiver, what can I do to improve it.
I also just bought a PS3 and now I almost can't get rid of the TV

A. You cannot.

Standard def was designed to fill a nine-inch tube back in 1949. To be backwards compatible, we have never been able to improve it.

I kid you not - your standard DVD player only contains enough video to fill your Great Grandmothers old RCA TV.

It is nearly seventy year old technology shown on a high-resolution display and it looks like crap.

We have been long over-due for an upgrade.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment