Monday, November 4, 2013

How can I hook my Compaq CQ60-215dx laptop up to my Vizio HDTV?

best hdtv reviews cnet
 on Best Hdtvs Overall Cnet Reviews Product Reviews Electronics | Travel ...
best hdtv reviews cnet image



Rain


So I have this laptop:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-compaq-cq60-215dx/4507-3121_7-33496182.html


And I want to hook it up so that I can use this TV as an external display:

http://www.walmart.com/Vizio-32-LCD-HDTV-VW32L/ip/5623472

How can I make that happen?



Answer
You will not get good results. Your laptop lacks an HDMI output jack.

That Visio television only supports HDMI or RGB Composite video for HD support which you also lack on your laptop.

Your laptop's only video output is a 15 pin VGA connector (HD-15). You'll need to find a television that has a 15 pin VGA input connector. I have a 27" Sharp LED HDTV that has such a connector. I suggest you go to newegg.com. Their website has superior search tools.

Here's a 32" model with a VGA input
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889611004

The HDTV I want to buy has a 800:1 contrast ratio- what does that mean and is it good?




Max P


So the TV I'm looking at, a JVC LT-40X667, has "only" a 800:1 Contrast ratio according to CNET review. Otherwise they like the unit.

What the heck does that mean to me and should I be looking at a HDTV with a higher ratio? Does it even matter to the average Joe?

As always, thanks in advance for your insight!



Answer
Jessica Simpson she don't know what that is ,but she wants it! so it must be awsome!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment