Monday, May 20, 2013

What channels can I catch using indoor HDTV antenna?

Q. I just bought a new LCD HDTV. If I attach an indoor HDTV antenna to my TV, what channels will i get? Will i get channels like Disney channel, etc?
I live in New Jersey.

A. No you will not get the Disney Channel, it is a subscription channel that your local cable or satellite provider pays for. BUT there are alot of HD broadcast channels that you can get. NJ is a big place, so a blanket statement wont' work, but in or near metro areas you will get many more channels than out in the boonies.


What is the best Amplified HDTV Antenna?
Q. I live in Riverside, California about 50 miles from the transmitters atop Mt. Wilson near Los Angeles. I need the best Amplified HDTV Antenna for this range. My apartment building is built of cinder block so it will have to be in a window. My TV is a Samsung with built in HDTV Receiver.

A. I have a Channel Master with rotor and preamp mounted on a tower. Can pickup station 50 miles from my location. May be to large for a apartment.

Look in the yellow-pages for a local antenna installer in you area and ask them this question. That's how I started my research for my antenna.

Also do some research here.
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Best of luck.


How well does an indoor tv antenna work in the South Bay Area?
Q. I'm in the market for an HDTV antenna and was curious if an indoor one will be sufficient or if I need to get one for the roof. I live in the Santa Clara Area.

A. If you are more than about 5 miles from the transmitters, then an indoor antenna may not give you good results.

Check http://www.antennaweb.org and put in your zip code. It will tell you how far away you are and in what direction.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Hi..!Many thanks for this entry and for your website on the whole. I have just liked it.I truly appreciate this ..I know one more site indoor hdtv antenna

    ReplyDelete