Friday, June 6, 2014

prediction please: when will the blue ray player drop to sub $100?




Eric C


i am wondering should hold out or get a regular 1080p upconverting hdmi player?
thanks.
i am considering philips 5992, $62 on amazon...



Answer
Sub $100? Not until Christmas 2012.

And then in 2013, we'll hear about the next new format which will pretty much be the end of Blu-ray. Buh-bye!

Upscaling players are cheap, and quite honestly, unless you have a 40" or larger HDTV that does 1080p, this will be quite adequate for your needs. I have one of the players from Oppo Digital (http://oppodigital.com) Their players handle just about any format you can imagine, are region free (yay), and consistently score high with even the pickiest Home Theater Enthusiasts.

Now, if you're interested in video games, you may want to consider a PS3 which plays games, upscales DVDs and plays blu-ray discs, all at 1080p. At $400, it's one of the cheapest blu-ray players out there, and still considered one of the best for the money.

Does it still worth to buy a PS3 FAT?

Q. Lets face it. Its 2013. Still I would like to ask: should I invest? Im planning on buying a cheap first gen PS3, I would renovate it by cleaning it and changing thermal paste, adding a new, large hard drive. I am also planning on buying a cheap HDTV to use with it. I want to buy it becouse I want to play some games that are only available on the PS platform, but also any games I can get my hands on. But the big question: should I invest in buying a first gen PS3 that probably was made in 2006 or 2007? Also is there a noticeable difference between the SLIM and the FAT versions? I need advice, please help.
Please note that I dont want to wait for the PS4 becouse I dont have the money for that thing....


Answer
If you don't plan on getting a ps4 right away then ya get a ps3, but you should get a slim as they're more reliable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment