Saturday, August 24, 2013

Does the brand of hdmi cable really really matter,is it all hype?

who makes the best quality hdtv
 on Televisions Reviews 2013: LG 50
who makes the best quality hdtv image



pookiepoo


I just purchased a 42 in. LG plasma and now I have to make the quality better. The monster cables are about 70 bucks on amazon with free shipping but I just read somwhere that newegg has hdmi cables for 30 bucks with shipping. Some reviews for the monster cable say that there is too much hype about them.

Does the brand matter? I know that there is a dfference in the way it is made for durability but does this mean that the cheaper version would get damaged within a year or something?

Also, after I get this cable will I need to have a specific cable box? I already have a digital cable box. And before I get HDMI which I know is the cable to provide the highest quality, is there another way I can get high quality with cables I may already have?

Thanks!



Answer
Yes, there is another way.. component cables, and yes, you must upgrade your cable box for hdtv. Digital alone does not cut it.
I was concerned with this myself and read many reviews that all say Monster cables are a overpriced rip-off. That the lower priced cables are just fine. It turned out I didn't have choice as when I upgraded my Optimum cable box for hdtv it doesn't even have an hdmi output. When I complained to Optimum they said hdmi wasn't necessary. Without any choice I used the component cables (supplied by Optimum) and have a beautiful picture. I have no way of knowing if it would be better with hdmi but I am certainly not at all disappointed with the picture quality the way it is. I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40S2010 tv. Not sure why you think you have to "make the quality better, but I suggest you try it first with component cables and then, if you are not satisfied, get the lower priced hdmi cables through the Internet.
Please note that you must exchange your cable box for an hdtv capable cable box. Could this explain your problem regarding making the quality better?
Hope this helps!

How do I record my PS3 with just a camera?







If you want to record your PS3 you have to buy lots of DVRs and stuff like that. I just want some tips on how I could record my TV with a camera and do some things that would make the quality better.
[I have a MacBook Pro by the way and my camera is a Canon Ixus.]



Answer
Just use a tripod and also if u have an hdtv then lower the brightness contrast, to capture good quality footage




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment