Saturday, September 14, 2013

I have a new TV bought last year it's a 32" TOSHIBA HDTV LCD Widescreen?

best picture quality hdtv 2012
 on 1080p Full HD picture quality, solid audio performance, and plenty of ...
best picture quality hdtv 2012 image



tony120366


As Far as I know it may not be HDCP compliant.I have cable and I getting a HDTV,DVR cable box.My question is if it's not HDCP compliant.....Will I still be able to view or see my HI Def picture after 2010?
I'm not referring to the digital switch over on Feb 17th,2009.
HDCP means: High Defintion Content Protection.



Answer
HDCP is an inert technology : it’s up to the movie studios to deploy it (or not) as a copy-protection scheme.

HDCP notifies the player if there’s a non-HDCP device in the playback chain.

Software in the player then executes the rules (established by the media owner) that are encoded within the content.

What concerns you here within HDCP is the ICT (The Image Constraint Token) rule : a rule that gives content owners the power to make the software stop playing content or downsample video to a 960x540 resolution (a fraction of the image quality you should normally get) if HDCP is missing at any stage in the playback chain.

The Image Constraint Token is invoked on a per-disc basis.

The good news for you is that so far it seems no studio has activated the technology in their current releases (Blu-ray discs).

The fatidic date you mentioned is based on a rumor. It is now more commonly advanced that studios would have informally agreed not to implement it until at least 2012.

The good news is that Sony, Disney, Fox, Paramount, MGM and Universal have already stated that they have no intention of using this feature. The other studios, which have yet to announce their plans, will most likely follow suit to avoid getting bad publicity. If any of the studios still decide to use ICT they will have to state this on the cover of their movies, so you should have no problem avoiding these titles.

Do HDTVs give a better quality picture than older TVs even if you don't subscribe to HDTV?




Hermione G


I want to know if there is an observable difference in picture quality with an HDTV as opposed to an older TV bought in 2001 - not flat screen. This is if I do not subscribe to HDTV from my cable provider while using the newer HDTV. Thanks
I didn't make myself clear. I have digital cable. I just don't pay extra for the high density stations.
I repeat: I have digital cable. I use a cable box. I pay comcast x amount of dollars a month to get digital cable. It's just that it is NOT a box that delivers High Def.



Answer
Keep your 2001 TV until such time as you decide to upgrade to HD reception. The analog channels that you get via direct cable (no box) will not look better on an HDTV, and will probably be worse. An HDTV is a digital receiver, and it has to compromise an analog signal in order to display it.

If you're in the U.S., your cable company is likely to go all-digital some time after the end of 2012, so that might be the time to consider a new TV.
--------------------------------------
Per your additional details: same response. An HDTV will display a standard-def digital signal very nicely, about as good as it can get, but the difference compared to your old set is not enough to warrant investing in an HDTV. You wouldn't be utilizing the set's capabilities that you paid for. Buy an HDTV when you upgrade to HD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment