Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Can a new 2011 blu ray DVD player with built in wi-fi function with a 10 year old big box TV that isn't HD?




Rob


My old multi-disc DVD player has died. I need to replace it but it seems most of the DVD players out are blu ray. At least the ones worth buying. I have my eye on a Samsung 5700 blu ray DVD player with built in wi fi. Now it seems that they work best with HDTVs but I know that is only if you plan on playing blu ray DVDs and you want the best picture quality from the disc. I stick with DVDs, I review films for a living and most of the DVDs I get are regular DVDs plus I really don't care about picture quality, as long as the image is clear. I want to know if the newer model blu ray DVD players will work with my 10 year old Samsung TV which is a big heavy box, not an HDTV. My friend who is somewhat knowledgeable about DVD players has said yes, I've read reviews where people with 20 year old TVs were able to stream the wi fi onto their TVs, but someone from Best Buy I'm positive didn't know much about DVD players said no modern blu ray player will be compatible with an older model TV. I need to have an HDTV. My TV still works fine and I can't afford an HDTV and a Blu Ray player at the same time but the player is essential for my work. Can you all please help me, let me know if a modern model blu ray player will work on my 10 year old non HDTV? If not, what is my next option? Thanks.


Answer
Check the blu ray disc player and your old tv and see what it offers for video and audio connections. If the blu ray disc player has the output for video and audio that can be used for your tv then it will work. Personally I would recommend a Panasonic player, they are the most reliable and trouble free player in the market. I have a first generation player from Panasonic model BD-10 which is over 4 years old and played over 300 blu ray disc movies without having one problem. They always have a player that is recommended each year by Home Theater Magazine. Hope this will help you out.

Do you think this TV will go on sale close to x-mas or after?




go-go


I know its already on sale but do you think it will go down in price even more?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/lg-electronics-lg-60-1080p-600hz-plasma-hdtv-60pk550-60pk550/10140862.aspx?path=564b0d578a1622e76c0513492b8ddc31en02



Answer
Yes. more " great " sales after new year 2011.
keep in mind. TV maker will " clear " out old stock - that only for old models.
you will get much lower prices for big screen 720P models and 1080P 60 HZ refresh rate models . because Mose of TV maker discontinue such range and go for 1080P with 120 HZ models.
also 26 inc 720P / 32 inc 720P / 37 inc 720P models. all the Japan TV maker switch to 26 / 32 / 37 inc for only 1080P . you will never get an Sony / Sharp / Panasonic / Toshiba 26/32/37 inc LCD TV in 720P any more after 2011. since this happened 2 year ago in Japan market.
Plasma with 720P also going to clear stock as LG / Samsung / Panasonic discontinue 720P PDP ( Plasma display panel ) .
if you " don't mind " old models also low specifications out of date TV. you get BIG deal after new year. first week of Jan-2011.
but if you only looking for up to date models / specifications , could be just a litter or no difference in prices !
beware of quality , those OFF BRAND / local brand / buyer brand clear as super low prices, subject to reliability.
**************
the above link LG 60 inc Plasma
do you know why sold as super low prices. ?
because is not really new Plasma technology as the Power consumption is super HIGH . 510W
compare to Panasonic new Plasma technology 58 inc 58PZ8000U only 196W.
any lower prices must be " good " reason behind.
http://reviews.cnet.com/green-tech/tv-consumption-chart/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment