Saturday, May 3, 2014

Hdtv antenna- signal strength vs. quality question.?




happy_mang


Our antenna is bringing in 100% signal strength, but 0-7% signal quality. Most of the channels we want to watch aren't watchable. What is the difference between the two and how can we boost the quality? We are so clueless, this is the third antenna we've tried and the only one to bring in the channels we want... but they're not working! Help!


Answer
This makes not much sense or the specs of the antenna are misleading.

HDTV signals are digital, so if you get even 50% strength you should be able to get 100% of the signal.

HDTV signals are very sensitive to direction. Your antenna needs to point directly to the transmitter. www.antennaweb.org can help you.

It may be that an internal antenna may not be good enough for where you live. In that case, you may need an external - on th eroof -antenna.

HDTV picture quality?




Gap Face


I got an HDTV a while ago and my friends and I cant tell the difference from my 32" HDTV from my friends 23" SDTV. My HDTV settings are at standard because I dont really no how to make the picture better by custom picture quality. Most people say that should be fine but some tell me I should change it. Also some people say that I should turn down the sharpness all the way down but what should I do for the contrast brightness and color? This HD DVD player is the only HD thing I got besides my cable box and that looks normal to. My HDTV is the samsung LN-S3251D which Cnet said was the best 32" LCD HDTV last year. So what should I do with the settings? My HDTVs native resolution is 720p and the movies I buy have good Picture quality from what highdef digest says. So what should I do?
yes I am watching HD DVDs and also HD channels from comcast



Answer
Forget the picture settings...To get an HD picture you must have the signal coming from your devices connected by HDMI OR COMPONENT inputs to the TV set first.

Then your devices must be set to 720P in the video output part of the device's menu.

Then the SOURCE of the actual signal must be an HD signal
Your cable box must be tuned to an HD station and the SHOW must have the HD box showing up on the Guide....

As for the HD DVD player, you must have an HD-DVD disc for HD, and it CAN'T be an old movie converted to HD usage.

All these hoops you must jump thru....sheesh !

But....I PREFER to test HD setup by going to Discovery Channel's HD Theater station...they are the best HD signal to test with...
Especially the commercials...like the one with the ANTs crawling around or the mountains in them.
There you will see the DETAIL of the small critters and plants.

And it's a quick and easy test for your TV and the Cable signal.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment