Monday, April 15, 2013

Can a digital TV be run, if it is connected to HDTV converter?

Q. Panasonic (digital) . LG hooked to HDTV converter at present, Can digital TV used with HDTV converter?

A. >Can a digital TV be run, if it is connected to HDTV converter?

Yes, but most people don't do that.

Digital TVs already have a digital tuner built into them. If you use a coupon type conveter box (I assume that's what you mean), you will only see a non-HD quality picture.

The only reason you might want to use a coupon type converter with a HDTV is if the converter had a tuner that was better at receiving marginal signals.

If you want to use an external tuner and still want to see a HD resolution picture, you need to use a HD tuner which runs about $160.


Where do you get the cheapest antenna for an hdtv converter box?
Q. I just bought an hdtv converter box for a tv that I do not have cable on and need an antenna. Where do I get the cheapest antenna in the Chicago land area?

A. I get more channels with my OLD rabbit ears, than I do with the new, powered, RCA flat wall antenna. Don't spend an arm and a leg, go to a Big Lots type, close out store, and buy the cheapest one you can find. When you hook it up, make sure it is placed near an outside wall, or window, and try to place it high in the room. Hope this helps! Good Luck!


how do i scan channels on hdtv converter?
Q. my insignia hdtv converter is not bringing in clear signal on all channels since feb 17 conversion. I don't know how to scan the channels to reset them, neither does best buy, the supplier.

A. There must be a menu, and under menu Channel scan.
Or try to reset it to factory defaults.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment