Friday, April 19, 2013

How do you calibrate a HDTV connected to a Blu-Ray player?

Q. When I use a calibration DVD, obviously I am in DVD mode on my TV. How do I calibrate the Satellite Television setting? Should the settings (ie brightness, color, contrast, white balance, etc) theoretically be the same regardless of whether it is a 1080p Blu-Ray picture or a 1080i/720p television picture? Thanks!

A. Can you get the channel called HDNet on your satellite? If so, you can calibrate using the test patterns they broadcast every Saturday at 7 AM Pacific Time.


What is the best color and calibration setting for my toshiba 50hm66 hdtv dlp ? ?
Q. What is the best color and calibration setting for my toshiba 50hm66 hdtv dlp ?

A. Rent the movie "Cars" or any DVD with "THX" listed on the movie. In the menu options for these DVDs you will find a THX color calibration clip. Select that option and follow the on-screen directions to a professional color calibration for your Toshiba DLP TV.


Is there any kind of DVD i can buy that will calibrate and optimate my 1080pTV?
Q. I have a Samsung LNT-4061 model tv that is 1080p. Problem is, the tv came with the settings set all the way up and I dont know much about TV's so I do not know how to calibrate it. Thanks
If you can provide links for products that would be even better.

A. Lots of them
All about $20

DVD Video essentials
Monster/ISF HDTV calibration DVD

or check the back of your DVD collection for the THX Optimizer Logo (many star war and disney/Pixar movies have it). Those DVDs have calibration pictures you can use.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment