Monday, July 15, 2013

Is it worth buying a soundbar for my TV?

best sound quality hdtv
 on top of the line 3d hdtv needs to have bold colors great sound and best ...
best sound quality hdtv image



The Driver


I have a Toshiba HDTV and I would like to get a little better sound quality out of it.


Also, how would I hook this up? Do you just plug an optical cable from the soundbar to your TV? Does it use the TV's sound or could I run my WDTV Live box to the soundbar and just shut off the tv speakers completely?

Can the soundbar decode DTS 5.1 audio, or will I have to use something that can be decoded at my box and transmitted as PCM?



Answer
roughly throw a dildo at the television

Can I hookup PC speakers to my new HDTV without a reciever?




tthor71


I don't need surround sound, just want to have extra speakers to supplement the poor sound quality of the TV.
I don't need surround sound, just want to have extra speakers to supplement the poor sound quality of the TV.

Its a Toshiba 26LV47
I do not have a certain type of speakers in mind yet.



Answer
Yes but make sure to stick to a 2.1 set at best. More than likely you will need to hook up with a stereo mini to RCAs. But since you did not include any model numbers it can never be sure.

Some TVs do not have analog outputs so provide more detail on what TV exactly you have and the model of speakers you are looking at, with that it can be said what to do to hook them up.

EDIT:
Looks like you will need a receiver to make that happen. The TV does not have a analog audio out so you will need a receiver of some sort to down mix for you. Unless it has a headphone jack but that may look tacky, I could not find information about a headphone jack or not on your TV.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment