Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What exactly is an HDTV antenna? I heard it can receive HD broadcasts for free without subscription?

high quality hdtv antenna
 on External Antenna 43 Elements High Quality for HDTV - Sale Prices ...
high quality hdtv antenna image



George


I have AT&T U-Verse, and we just got a new Sharp 32" HDTV, but we aren't subscribed to the $10 a month for all the HD channels that broadcast in the higher quality HD. But someone mentioned some sort of antenna that can receive that HD quality for free and all you need to do is buy the antenna and hook it up. I'm not sure how it works and it seems too good to be true. Can someone explain?


Answer
If you are old enough you will remember back in the old days when everyone had an antenna and used it to catch all the local stations. Well those days are back. The local stations are now broadcasting digitally and a lot of the programming is in HD. All you need is the right antenna pointed in the right direction to get those stations. Just hook that antenna up to the coax input of your tv and scan for channels. You must understand though that the channels you get are only the local ones, like NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC etc. You cannot get the cable HD channels. Those you need to subscribe to HD cable to get.

Fill out this online form and it will tell you what type of antenna and which way to point it to get your local stations in HD.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

How do I set up my HD Cable with my HD set?




kevingalle


I want to set up a HDTV to my new digital cable box. They have it currently hooked into the TV through the tv in/antenna line. What do I have to connect to get full HD programming? I have the HD ports and HDMI ports on both so what would be the best so I can get a high quality signal? Also, once I connect wires is there anything I have to change or do with the cable box or the tv? Thank you so much for your expected assistance.


Answer
Your cable line coming into the room will go directly into your HD cable box (this must be HD and not just a straight digital box or you will not get HD quality picture). Then take the HDMI from your HD box to your HD TV. Once this is connected and the HD box & TV are plugged in; you will need to use your TV remote to set your TV on 720 or 1080; whichever your TV is set for; then you exit the menu and you are good to go!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment