Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Is there a DVD player that converts normal DVDs to HD quality on an HDTV?

best reviews for hdtv
 on ... HDTV Review Best 2013 HD TV Comparison | TV Reviews #1 | Best HDTV
best reviews for hdtv image



Ian M


My mother said she saw a DVD player that you could put a regular DVD into, hook it up to an HDTV, and it would play the DVD with a high-definition quality. Does such a thing exist?


Answer
Search for Up-converting DVD Players.
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6859904-1.html
Notice that some up-convert to 1080i an others to 1080p.
1080i is interlaced, used on HDTV transmitting stations.
1080p is progressive, used in Blu-ray disks.
They do a very good job, but the end-result is not as good as those originally recorded at 1080i or 1080p.
By the way, you need HDMI on your TV, if you use Component it will not up-convert to 1080 i or p.

How do you connect a laptop to an HDTV for streaming movies?




Anna E


I have a laptop computer with a VGA connection and my son in law says that I just need to get a VGA to HDMI cable and connect the two, BUT when I get online to order this cable I have come across some reviews indicating that the cable is not enough, that a converter is needed. Do any of you techno minded people know what I need to do. All I am interested in is using my television as my monitor and streaming movies from my laptop.


Answer
You do need a Converter. VGA is analog HDMI is digital. Those cables are for studio equipment that has onboard converters.

You will need 1 VGA cable, 1 HDMI cable, and the active converter box.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/manhattan-vga-to-hdmi-converter-video-converter/p/7E2D76367825160B0001?q=vga+to+hdmi+converter&lpq=vga%20to%20hdmi%20converter&FORM=HURE
For sound, connect a Stereo to RCA cable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-ft-3-5mm-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Male-Stereo-Audio-Cable-/390437868980?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5ae7e915b4




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment