Monday, April 21, 2014

Why are computer monitors of similar size to regular HD television sets so much more expensive?

Q. Is there a real difference in quality of picture? If so, what is it? And if not, why such a huge price disparity?


Answer
Yes, there is a real difference in the picture quality between a computer monitor and a TV. In order to display small text well, a LCD computer monitor has a higher density of pixels compared to a TV. For example, a 40 inch 1080p HDTV has 55 pixels per inch. A modern LCD monitor has 200 to 300 pixels per inch. The higher pixel density is more expensive to produce but allows the monitor to display text clearly.

How to get a hd quality picture other than upgrade my receiver?




Rebecca


I just bought a HDTV, but I realize that my DirecTV receiver does not support hd. Is there any way I can get a HD quality picture other than upgrade my standard receiver to a hd receiver?


Answer
Using a Blu Ray or HD DVD player, or hook it up to a computer or laptop with HD output. For cable or satellite TV though, you will need an HD box




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment