Thursday, May 22, 2014

HDTV cable quality?




:)


If I get an HD box for watching cable, will it really make the pictures crystal clear , just like the ones in stores? I have a new HDTV tv, but still using analog, as there is no HD service in my area.


Answer
There is some variation in quality from cable company to cable company, but, generally, the answer is yes. see if you can find one of your local stores that uses cable for feeding their TVs. Then, you can see what you're getting in advance.

How is SD quality on and HDTV?




seventhyea


Hi,

My wife and I are considering buying an HDTV. We watch a lot of SD programming currently, however, and we're wondering about the quality of these channels on the new TV. I would think that they would display fine but I've heard some HDTVs don't display SD as well as a normal SDTV. Is there any truth to this? I'd hate to buy a new TV only to find out it doesn't look as good as our old one in some cases.

Thanks!



Answer
On my 3 HDTVs, digital SD programs look fine. As clear as the best picture you used to see on an old analog TV.

But what doesn't look good on an HDTV is an analog channel on basic cable (no box). HDTVs are digital technology, and they work best with a digital input. An analog signal has to be compromised in order to be displayed on an HDTV, and the result is often not as good as the same signal on an old analog set.

But aside from that, *digital* SD programming looks fine on any HDTV that I've seen.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment