Monday, May 19, 2014

How can I improve the sound quality on my HDTV?




David P


The sound on my new Samsung large screen TV is very bad sometimes. For sports and news programs, it's fine. But when I play back an hour long drama such as CSI or NCIS, it's very difficult to hear what the actors are saying. The same problem holds true when I watch Blu-ry movies on my Samsung Blu-ray player. Sometimes I have the sound on the TV, which I normally watch at about a 20 level, turned all the way up to 100, and then I still can't make out what the actors are saying. The picture quality on my new Samsung plasma TV is drop dead gorgeous, but these sound problems are making my movie experience horrible. Outside of buying a sound bar or a surround sound system, what can I do to better understand the dialogue in movies? Thank you.


Answer
Don't shoot the messenger! Read your owners manual. Samsung tells you these sets aren't built for premium sound. The last set of speakers I replaced in a Samsung, they were $2.97 each. The sound quality sucks on the newer sets. Your forced to "up grade" your sound options ie surround system. Samsung makes a great sound bar. Most customers turn the speakers off and use the sound bar.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-2883938296108739840&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=sound+bar&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

what has better sound quality?




Langer


I have a 1200 watts Pioneer surround sound and my parents just bought a HDTV for the basement were my suround sound is. Since it is a HDTV my parents want to get a HD box down there. my suround sound has coaxial digital slot open and a optical digital slot still open my question is witch one has better sound quality?
oh i forgot the HD box that i have has both inputs



Answer
They are both digital so they will sound the same. I prefer optical just for the fact that coaxial cables use copper wiring that is susceptible to RF and EM interference.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment