Friday, September 27, 2013

How to view local HD channels?

high quality indoor hdtv antenna
 on Artec High Gain Indoor HDTV Antenna-TV Antennas-
high quality indoor hdtv antenna image



Jay D


I have an HDTV with built in hdtv tuner. I'd like to know how I can watch local HD channels. I have Dish Network but I do not have an HD package or the HD receiver, I only have standard definition channels. Most of the local channels have the HD logo on them but I don't see them in hd. What do I need to watch these channels in high def? Comments appreciated.
I thought maybe I could watch them by getting an HD-capable antenna?



Answer
To receive Over The Air channels, you need a good quality antenna. The antenna you need depends on how strong the signals are at your house.

Visit http://www.antennaweb.org . This site will help you choose the proper antenna for your location and tell you where to aim it. Note that there is no such thing as a HD antenna, that's just marketing hype. Any TV antenna, old or new, will do just fine. Also, if you are more than about 5 miles away from the transmitters, an indoor antenna will probably do a poor job so you wil probably need an outdoor antenna.

Connect the antenna, set your TV for antenna tuning and scan for channels. If you want to continue to use the antenna, connect the Dish Network receiver to one of the A/V inputs on your TV. Then you can switch between antenna and satellite by simply changing inputs on your TV. Over The Air HD will look better than cable or satellite too because it's not as compressed.

Telemundo comes in fuzzy, what to do?




C


I get Telemundo through my antenna...the picture is decent, though fuzzy. What I can't deal with is the crackling and noise. Is there any way I can clear the picture? It's an analog channel that still comes through my HDTV and antenna. Is there anything I can do to make the picture clearer and eliminate the noise?


Answer
The only solution is pretty much a better antenna, or better aiming and placement of the antenna you have. If it's a roof-mounted antenna, someone should climb up, check the wiring (make sure it's tight, not damaged), and then try turning the antenna to see if the quality of the picture improves when it's pointed another direction.

If you are using an indoor antenna, you should try replacing it, or aiming it better. It may be necessary to position it close to a window.

In the sources below, is a high-quality indoor antenna you can make out of cardboard and foil (don't laugh, it's very good antenna.)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment