Thursday, May 8, 2014

Best 40 inch lcd hdtv for under $600?




reno1051


I dont know a lot about tv's but I am wondering what would be the best lcd hdtv for around $600. I am definitely concerned with image quality and sound clarity, but my main concern is the video lag. my 52 inch tv in my den has a lag when scrolling with IO digital cable. from what i understand, some tv's have that problem and some dont (not sure the cause myself). anyway my main question is what is my best bet for a lcd hdtv for around $600. i am an avid video game player and movie watcher so a reliable and clear tv is what i am looking for. eventually i plan on getting a blu ray player as well.


Answer
sharp,philips,and lg are cheap reliable tvs...they are around 40inch or 42inch..best buy/brandmarts

pannosic is good 649.00 at best buy 42 inch

best tv is sony bravia but sony is out of your league(price)

Two questions about HDTVs?




KidKay


Is it true that if someone had a huge 60 or 70 inch HDTV, it would look worse than someone one who has a 30 or 40 inch HDTV because the picture quality starts to decrease and get washed out at a particular size, so getting anything bigger will look worse? What is that "sweetspot" size that is the balance of the biggest sceen while the picture quality is still very good?

If I only live in a 1 bedroom aparment and in my small living room I sit about 6-8 feet away from my TV, so what is a good size to get that isn't too big or too small for that viewing distance?



Answer
1) Is it true that if someone had a huge 60 or 70 inch HDTV, it would look worse than someone one who has a 30 or 40 inch HDTV because the picture quality starts to decrease and get washed out at a particular size, so getting anything bigger will look worse?

Half truth. While it is true that the bigger you make a picture, the worse it looks, 1080p is actually better beyond 50". You can take a 1080p picture and blow it up to the size of a movie theatre screen without hurting the picture quality.

2) What is that "sweetspot" size that is the balance of the biggest sceen while the picture quality is still very good?

50" + for 1080p
50" or less for 720p

3) If I only live in a 1 bedroom aparment and in my small living room I sit about 6-8 feet away from my TV, so what is a good size to get that isn't too big or too small for that viewing distance?

I have a 35" tv and sit about 5 feet away. You could go bigger if you wanted. 42" - 50" would probably be a good size.

Try going to a wallmart and stand 8 feet back from a TV and see if you like it.

- 17R3W




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment