Thursday, June 19, 2014

Digital Cable Quality on an HDTV problem.?




Viperdude5


I just recently bought an Samsung DLP 46" HDTV that has 1080i maximum resolution. The HD channels on the TV look amazing and I have no problems with them. The only problem I have is on regular channels that are 480i. They bad and fuzzy and quality isnt that great. I dont know if its a cable problem because on a standard TV I have thats plugs in from the same source looks great. Is it because of the size of the screen or does my cable need more signal power? I have Time Warner Cable and have a Cable Box with it too.
Oh yes by the way I do use HDMI on my receiver though I still get bad regular channels.



Answer
This is normal. I have it, too. Everyone has it. That is just what we HDTV owners are going to have to put up with for a few more years until all channels are HD compliant. The federal government is on the HDTV side and has already mandated that all channels will be HD in the near future.

We'll just have to watch crappy regular channels for the time being. Make sure you're using HDMI cables for true, uncompressed high-def video!

The reason why you're channels look bad? Your HDTV needs high-octance fuel to run. Regular cable is just like regular unleaded. It doesn't have the resolution (720/1080) to give your HDTV the high-def signal it requires. Therefore, it makes due with the standard cable television signal and produces an unimpressive picture. Buy an upconverting DVD player ($45-150) with an HDMI cable (for 1080 16:9 screen size) and you'll feel better when you're not watching your HD channels.

Best LCD 1080p TV 46' or more, under $1300?




Ry


I like samsung and know a little about them, the 550 seris and 650, 750's are nice. And I like sony, but dont know much about them.
I will use this w/ blue ray movies, my ps3 games mostly. I watch very little TV, and I have sat.
I will buy off Amazon, casue some TVS are 500$ off diff. from best buy.



Answer
I suggest Samsung excellent quality picture.For you budget you can get Samsung LN46A550 46-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV.It is a good choice
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014175E8?ie=UTF8&tag=computer0bd-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0014175E8
but If you have enough money I recommend Samsung LN46A650 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV with RED Touch of Color better one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001413D94?ie=UTF8&tag=computer0bd-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001413D94




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment