Thursday, May 9, 2013

Does anyone have any information about an online electronics store in Montana called Vans?

Q. I'm looking at buying an HDTV(On Line) from a company called Vans. I don't trust the customer ratings listed in Yahoo shopping. Does anyone have any good or bad experiances with this company? Thanks!

A. Van's has been around for over 40 years. While I have never dealt with them the Net is full of references to people who have got great prices/service from the firm. See the link for some ratings. I would have no hesitation dealing with them if I were in the US. But if you have any doubts ask for references.


What kind of DVI cord do I need to buy to hook up my pc to HDTV?
Q. I messed up my computer screen and I want to hookup my computer to my HDTV. Both my computer and my tv have DVI hook ups. What kind of DVI cable do I need to buy? How do I get it to work?

A. Get a DVI-I cable and you should be good to go for any set of combinations you encounter. Though I would imagine both are DVI-D, so a DVI-D cable should also work equally well. Its the DVI-A cable that you probably want to avoid, as I don't imagine either of your DVI hook-ups are analog ones.

But I guess consult your TV manual and perhaps look up your video card online. Just confirm that both are DVI-D. If one side is analog (DVI-A), then look to a DVI-I cable (as it can deal with the digital on one end and analogy on the other). If both sides are DVI-A, then track down a DVI-A cable (but again, I doubt this is the case). DVI-I or DVI-D will both work fine if both ends of the equation are DVI-D.

The rest is software settings on the computer. Figure out what resolutions the TV can support over the DVI port. Then make sure you setup the computer to a compatible resolution.


How much would you pay for a Sharp LC 46D82U or a Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ80U 42" Plasma HDTV?
Q. These are brand new televisions that I posted online for sale and I am wondering how much would the typical buyer is willing to purchase this item. I tried to sale the items a few dollars cheaper but still, no real results. Can someone that has experience on websites such as craigslist help me out.

A. If you are selling them online you must post them much lower than retail price, because its easier for somebody to walk into a store and purchase the product from a trustworthy retailer, than to deal with someone over the internet. I would try to sell it for at least 20% below retail to start with. Even if it is new, it has decreased value because the buyer will have to pick it up or pay to have it shipped.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment