Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How to hook up my brighthouse HDTV cable receiver to the Internet?

Q. I know I can do it... But here's the thing my Internet modem is downstairs hooked up to a wireless router ... & my tv is upstairs how can I get my cable box hooked up with the I Internet... Is there a wireless thing I can plug in my cable box... Or do I need to plug it in directly... ? If you guys have done it please tell me how yalls did yours..

A. Not your cable box, your TV.
If you have an Internet ready TV, you probably need a wireless adapter, then you connect similar to connecting a computer to wifi. I have a Samsung Internet ready HDTV. My owners manual told me how to connect by purchasing the adapter and connecting thru wifi.

If you can't find owners manual, go online and find it and download it.

I didn't find it that cool. The only thing that I liked was watching YouTube clips on the big screen.


How can I set up video conferencing on my parents' HDTV without using a computer?
Q. My parents live in another state and I'd like to set up video conferencing so they can see their new granddaughter. They have a full flat screen and so do we. But they don't have a computer or internet. Is there any kind of external device I can set up on their TV?

A. Internet is required however.


What are the advantages in having a firewire port on a hdtv?
Q. My guess answer is that it will help link computers with the Television as more internet movies become available. But I am not sure how this all works.

A. If you have digital cable you can hook it up through the firewire and it creates a better picture. You also can use it to hook up to computers, DVD recorders, etc. All you have to do is go to any electronics store and buy the wire--or Ebay has them for about a quarter of the price.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment