Saturday, May 11, 2013

How come my HDTV went mute all of a sudden?

Q. Ever since i bought an Xbox 360 Elite and connected it with a HDMI cable,i tried watching tv after i stopped playing but its mute. I checked all the cables but nothing seems wrong. I also need to add that i have DirectTV cable if that even matters. I even reseted it and it is still mute. I have not changed the settings or anyhing so IDK what the F is the problem. So best answer gets 10 points.

A. hmm I don't have a newer 360 with HDMI, but I am assuming that you are sending the audio over the HDMI cable? It does sound like a glitch with your tv however you might be able to fool it. I don't know what options the 360 gives you for audio when connected via HDMI, but I am assuming that when you go back to the 360 that you get sound again? Can you then tell the xbox to output Stereo sound rather then Dolby Digital? Try it and then switch back to tv and see if you get sound. Also just try unplugging the HDMI cable. Also look through the audio setup menus for your tv. Hmm you could also check for a firmware update for your tv. There are a lot of possibilities so exhaust them all, including the setup menu for your DirectTV (which I assume you have also connected via HDMI?).


Are OLED HDTVs basically going to be vaporware, never to be released as viable products?
Q. I seriously doubt these things will ever see the light of day. I have been hearing that once manufacturing processes have been perfected, these things will be released, but I have been hearing this for years.

Should I hold my breath waiting for these things?
It's not a hard question, I'm asking for your opinion!

If it takes so long, there's a good chance it's not realistic. That's the motto I live by.

A. If you want to buy a reasonably priced typically sized TV in the next few years, do not count on OLEDs being a viable selection then.

They need to work on several aspects of manufacturing.

1. Getting a large display element, with low dead pixel count.

2. Getting a large display element cheap enough to economically compete with technologies on the market.

3. Making them keep their brightness longer, as in a few years.


Is it cheaper and/or beneficial to buy a plasma HDTV monitor VS a regular plasma HDTV, if i have a cable box?
Q. I currently have a 50" rear projection HDTV monitor I connect to my cabe box and use a a television. I haven't bought a TV for years becuase I have utilized the signal processor in the cable box. With the new technology, is there really any benefit of buying a TV opposed to a monitor if I have an HDTV cable box?

A. A monitor is a little cheaper than a tv, but one advantage of having a tv is that you can us an antenna if your cable ever goes out..... nice to have in case of an emergency (tornado, hurricane, wild fires) or you can purchase a set top box that is a tuner.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment