Friday, May 3, 2013

What is the best way to wirelessly connect my HDTV to my home network?

Q. I'm buying a new capture card, and obtaining a CableCard from my provider (Cox Communications). The PC will be acting as the tuner/DVR of course. It is running Windows 7. I'm looking for options as for the hardware I will need to obtain that will connect to the HDTV in order for it to receive/play the WMC recorded content from the HTPC.

A. wimax


Is it possible to have a external Blu Ray writer/burner playing movies on a Tv?
Q. I was wondering if it is possible to play movies from a blu ray writer/burner plugged in straight into a HDTV. Because i know there are adapters for USB to HDMI and i was thinking if i can get those adapters and have the blu ray writer/burner plugged into the hdtv i could watch Blu ray movies. If its possible would someone explain to me how it could be done?

A. Don't quite think so.....

an easy alternative if your TV has a VGA or DVI input, just plug your computer into it!, at my house I have whats called a 'HTPC' (Home Theater PC) and its just a computer hooked upto my TV, it is then networked to out NAS (Network Attached Storage) wich holds all my dvd's and music


HTPC hooked up to living room hdtv, Can someone help me figure out how to use VNC to control it?
Q. So, I have my htpc connected to my living room tv but I dont have a way of using it when sitting on the couch(the keyboard cable/mouse are too short). I also have a cheap Dell laptop. Apparently there is a way to control my pc which is connected to my lcd tv, through my laptop by using VNC? Anyone know how to go about setting this up?

A. You need another computer to run the VNC client on (the VNC server runs on the computer you're controlling). A wireless (or Bluetooth) keyboard and mouse might be what you really want.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment