Friday, May 3, 2013

What is a good indoor HDTV antenna for under sixty dollars?

Q. I bought a new computer with a HDTV tuner.
I would someone to recommend a specific antenna model that gives you the best HDTV reception for your money. It would be nice if it was also compact.

A. Zenith Silver Sensor

Radio Shack Double Bowtie


How come I cant get my hdtv to show hd quality?
Q. I bought a hitachi plasma 42 inch hdtv and just bought a hd box from suddenlink, but even after connecting everything the way it should be the channels that should broadcast in hd still look pretty bad. Do i need some type of antenna or something? Any help would be much appreciated.

A. Make sure the actual broadcast is in HD. Many channels are digital, but not always sending HD content.

Do not waste any money on cables.


How do I drop comcast triple package for netflix to save money?
Q. I want to save money. My triple play is running $193/mo. I just want basic and local news channels, movies, and tv shows. Tell me how to find the best way to save a couple of BUCKS! Also, my whole family has cell phones, so no landline is really needed.

A. Call Comcast and tell them you want to go to a cheaper package. They'll tell you what is available. The cheapest would be to go to their cheapest basic cable package + Internet. So your land line phone via Comcast goes away, and the only way you'll be able to get on-demand movies and TV is via Netflix, and you won't be able to record/play TV (no PVR). Unless you have a smart TV that has Netflix built in, you'll also need a box that can play Netflix, such as a Roku - they are less than $100 and you only pay the normal Netflix monthly fee.

(Of course you don't even need Comcast for TV at all - you might get a decent selection of channels over the air in your area, but if you're getting Internet from Comcast already, adding basic cable won't cost that much more, and it'll give you more channels than an antenna would. But either way you should get the main networks in HD - even Comcast basic cable includes HD for a few channels, but only if you connect the cable directly to your HDTV).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment