Friday, January 17, 2014

Looking for recommendations for a good home entertainment system.?

best quality 42 hdtv
 on Sony WEGA 42 Inch HDTV PLASMA TV - Sony WEGA 42 Inch HDTV PLASMA TV ...
best quality 42 hdtv image



CoolBreeze


I have a Vizio 42" HDTV with built-in apps (Netflix, hulu etc.). Moving in to a new apartment with a decent sized living room and I'm looking for a home theater system with good sound quality and home theater experience. Preferably something that includes a DVD/blu-ray player.

I have no experience in purchasing home entertainment units. So, I'd greatly appreciate your recommendations.



Answer
Well you don't say what your budget is and I have the feeling that you want to buy one of those all in one or "HTIB" systems (Home Theater In a Box) from a brand like Coby, Sony Panasonic, RCA, etc,. I can't in good conscience recommend one of those. The quality of the individual components is always poor, they cut a lot of corners and the main unit that plays DVDs and whatnot also serves as the receiver, or amplifier. When one part malfunctions (and they do quite frequently if you look at some of the questions on here about using the speakers than come with those things with standard receivers) you are stuck with a bunch of other stuff that you can't use with anything else. My best advice is to look over AV Home Theater Receivers. They serve as a main unit into which you plug everything, Speakers, TV DVD player, CD payer etc,. When set up right they will automatically switch both the video and audio signals - meaning that the TV picture will match whatever sound it is playing. Marantz, Onkyo, Pioneer, Denon and Yamaha make excellent AV receivers. You can go to their web sites and find lists of all their AV receivers such as this:
http://www.us.onkyo.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Receiver
Onkyo, and others, also have "package deals" with individual components such as this:
http://www.us.onkyo.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Systems
As you have no experience purchasing electronic audio / video equipment you will probably want to go with something like that. You will also probably want to go to the web sites of the other manufacturers I mentioned and see what they offer along those lines. But as I said, I'd try to stay away from anything that has a DVD player built into the main unit. Buy one separately.

Will I get a picture on an HDTV without HD service?




RR


I just recieved my 42" HDTV and I want to set it up. Directtv is not coming to install the HD recievers for another 2 days though. Will I be able to still watch TV with analog, for the next few days? Will the picture just not be as great? Thank you.


Answer
Yea, you can still use the analog chanels, but the quality just wont be as great. It probably picks up digital chanels, though, which are x.1 or x.2 (x=channel)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment