Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How can I get the best possible reception on my tv with out cable?

Q. I don't watch that much tv & I also can't really afford cable. I currently use an antena, but the reception is awful. How can I get reception as clear as with cable tv, without cable?

A. Make this Antenna Costs about 10-15 dollars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

I know it says for hdtv but an antenna oes not know wether or not the signal is HD or not its just one of those phrases that make people think that its of higher quality itll work on almost any tv. I did it and i was amazed how good it was really quite cool


If I ditch cable, put up an antenna to get broadcast TV, how do I record HDTV?
Q. What I'm thinking about is putting up an antenna and go with the 20 or so TV channels in my location. But I've come to really love my Comcast DVR for HD, which includes the menu guide and really easy recording.

How do I record in HD while getting my TV from an Antenna?

A. You can get a standalone DVR/PVR that can record in HD from antenna. Most of these do not have any sort of guide menu to allow you to record shows by name, however. Instead you'll have to set them like a VCR - choosing the channel, date, start and stop times for each recording. Most of these also only have 1 tuner, so you can only record one show at any given time.

The latest Tivo can record in HD from an antenna, has two tuners, and it does have a guide like Comcast's DVR...but its guide service is $10/mo, or a one time fee of $500 and that's on top of the price of the hardware which is another $300-400, depending on the model you buy. On the plus side, the Tivo can also stream movies from Netflix, YouTube and has a few other services as well.

I really like Tivo. It's easier to use than any other DVR on the market, but if you aren't going to be doing that much recording, one of the "dumb" boxes will probably work just as well for you, and cost a lot less.


how to connect my vhs player to hi def tv?
Q. I think it's on the right channel but it's just a blue screen but then it's not the right channel???
Help.

A. To watch regular Over The Air digital TV, you just need an antenna. Most likely your new TV will have a tuner capable of tuning digital antenna signals on it's own. Don't need the black box.
A roof antenna is best for reception, though. Just plug the antenna into the back of the TV, go to the Channel Menu, check "air/antenna" and let the set do an automatic channel search.

Also some How To Videos
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=connecting+a+VCR+to+HDTV&aq=f





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment