Friday, April 26, 2013

How to connect a sony vaio to a mitsubishi hdtv with hdmi?

Q. i have a sony vaio vgn-fz180e and i have a hdmi cable and i am trying to connect it to my 72" mitsubishi 1080p tv. it says that it doesn't recognize the signal. what do i do ? thank you

i am trying to use the tv as a monitor and i dont have that connector just the hdmi

A. Are you trying to use the Mits as a computer monitor or watch movies through it? Hook up the Sony to the computer input on the Mitsubishi with a vga cable just like you would with a regular computer monitor. Then set tv input to VGA or whatever the Mitsubishi refers to it as.


What are the best brand to buy a big sizes of HDTV?
Q. I have a plan to buy a huge size of HDTV but until now i dont know what brand i would choose coz theres so many in the market.

A. You mean the best? What type of HDTV are you looking for? I am familiar with 3 types:

a) Plasma
b) LCD
c) Rear Projection TV

A) Plasma: I would say Pioneer. If you have money to spend then go for their Elite series. You won't be disappointed. They have a 42, 50 and 60 right now. Yes they also have the 1080p models at a higher price. These are not good for gaming thought. They are best for watching movies and tv-not for games!

B) LCD: not as bright as plasma but good TV for gaming. Speacially the one with faster response time. I would say Sharp is on the leading edge for this series. You may opt for their 92 series. Something like the LC52D92U. Then you may also get a bigger LCD from Sharp. The Sony bravia is also a good choice, I'm not familiar with this product though.

C) Rear projection-seen this one. Very cool. Not as expensive as the plasma. Clear pictures specially if you are right in front of it. Don't go at an angle though. Good for gaming. JVC has a good D-ila series. You can get up to 72 inches for these TV. 1080p series. Good for the price and picture. The only trouble is you have to change bulb every 2 to 3 yrs. The bulb would probably cost $500 Canadian dollars plus install.


Can I mount my HDTV above my fireplace mantle?
Q. My friend says there will be too much heat, but my fireplace has an insert that allows the bricks to stay cool to the touch. I also have a blower that blows the hot air out not up. I have a 72" wide floor to ceiling fireplace chimney. Please give me some advice on this.

A. You dont say if you have a plasma or lcd hdtv but here is what I have for plasma...

This information is from the Panasonic site ....

3. Can I mount the TV over my fireplace? As long as the plasma TV will not be exposed to smoke or excessive heat, it should be fine. First, take a thermometer and tape it to the area directly above your fireplace -- where the plasma will be. Then build a nice fire and monitor the thermometer for the next hour or so. If the temperature is above 104 degrees F, then the area is too hot for your plasma to be operating. Of course, you could choose to keep your plasma turned off while a fire is burning. In the end, please use common sense. If the area above your fireplace is too warm or exposed to smoke, you probably want to put your plasma TV somewhere else.

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support/FAQs/details-FAQs+for+Plasma+TVs-UCM_PRD_CNT_001993





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment