Tuesday, May 28, 2013

For a blu-ray player (like ps3) do you NEED and HDTV, or will my really old tv from the 80s work?

Q. I don't care about quality, honestly I don't even notice it. For that matter, are there any devices that require an HDTV (by device I mean game consoles and blu-ray players and such)?

A. I am not aware of any video device currently sold that only has HD output. You can use the standard A/V cable supplied with the PS3 to output composite video to any old TV that has the standard trio of yellow/white/red inputs for the video, left audio channel and right audio channel, respectively. If it's an ultra-cheap TV, sometimes they only had the coaxial input for cable or an antenna, but if your TV has the yellow, white and red RCA jacks the PS3 can feed it. Even my Panasonic Blu-Ray play that connects to the Internet and plays HD videos from Youtube has the old composite and S-video outputs. You absolutely can use the PS3 on most ancient TVs if you don't mind it looking a bit fuzzy...


setting up satellite dish to receive local channels?
Q. is there a way to use a satellite dish, which is not connected, as a rooftop antenna ? appreciate any suggestion.

A. The dish would not function as an Over The Air Antenna , I understand that there are clip on antennas manufactured by Terk that do mount onto your dish for local channels SD and HDTV.

If you're trying to be frugal and just wondering if your dish can serve another purpose the answer is No , small dishes such as those used for Pay TV services like Dish Network and Direct TV have encrypted programming that require an authorized receiver.

You can make yourself a $$$ CHEAP DIY Do it Yourself indoor antenna using Coat hangers that works very well and rivals $60 dollar models sold in Electronic stores by the following these instructions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw
People claim that this antenna works so good they get reception of distant TV stations.

The ways that cannot be discussed given in a previous answer is by illegal means and requires you to spend over $100 dollars on a FTA receiver and it's not guaranteed , for that money you could buy a high end roof antenna.


I have an HD Plasma TV. I want to get an HDTV outdoor antenna. Do I need a converter box?
Q. I have an old Panasonic 42" Plasma screen TV. I want to get rid of cable and Satellite and buy a HDTV antenna. I found several to choose from on ebay.com. But some come with a converter box. Do I need a converter box? What does a converter box do?

A. It already has a digital converter built in.
On the antenna issue: Don't buy one, make one! Speaking from experience here. I got a really nice low profile antenna and couldn't get all the local channels. I got 7 out of 16. I researched antennas and hear of a home made one that supposedly works better. $15 dollars later I made my own.
you just use coat hangers, piece of wood, screws, etc
Go to YOUTUBE and search home made antenna. They all are about the same instructions. I get EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL from my hoopty antenna that is hidden behind the HDTV. Go figure!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment