Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How to connect DVI output from PC to Component input in HDTV with dip switch adapter?

Q. I have a new Dell PC with an ATI Radeon X1300 video card, and am trying to connect it to my JVC HD-ILA Television through my receiver (which has component in and out). Basically, I purchased a DVI to Component adapter, which has several dip switches on it, and I am not getting a picture on my TV when I boot up. Sometimes I will see a second or two of video garbage but then the screen is blank. I feel like I've tried all of the different combinations of dip switch settings (16:9, 1080i, 720p, 480p, 480i). I guess my last resort is to just buy a DVI to HDMI and plug it right into my TV, but I wouldn't be able to use my receiver like I'd prefer to do for simplicity. Has anyone encountered this problem or have a suggestion on how to view my PC on my HDTV through my receiver? Thank you!

A. Very good choice on your TV, that and the 42" Toshiba DLP
would have been my choice, DVI (out) from the computer to the Component (in) should work, im sure you did, but you changed your TV's input to component1 or 2 right? You may have to downgrade to the AV cables which the card should have a Video out plug. Or if your in the market, upgrade your TV and go flat panel. The bad thing about that is a decent 42" LCD is a small fortune. I wouldnt go plasma if your goin to use it for a computer but the back of most flat panels have a serial connection to use it as a monitor. I know I havent really answered your question but i wouldnt bother with the HDMI, youll get the same results. all the DVI to Component adapter does is dumb down the picture and allow a different interface. The HDMI runs both picture and sound in HD where as the DVI only does video so its kind of a waste. not to mention the price of the HDMI cable and adapter. Best bet is call a Best Buy and talk to the home theatre department.


the best color settings for jvc lcd hdtv?
Q. i just bought a 42 inch JVC LT-42P789 i am wanting to know what the best color settingd are

A. There are no "best" settings. Settings are subjective and vary somewhat with room lighting and input. Try here for help: http://www.flat-screen-tv-guide.com/how-to.html


i bought a cable for my computer to work with my JVC tv but its not working.?
Q. i have a jvc tv that supports any wire yellow ,red ,white . etc and even hdmi but the wire i have is VGA to RGB but its all fuzzy on my tv

A. You are going VGA out from computer to Component in on what kind of TV exactly? SDTV or HDTV? Not to say it should be fuzzy on either one, but makes a difference on computer settings you ought to be using.

What resolution are you sending out to the TV? You want to be sending a TV appropriate resolution for optimal picture quality. Like if your JVC is an HDTV of 720p then you should use 1280x720.

For more about various settings for an external monitor such as what you're doing, check out this MS website,
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/c90105a0-57c1-4f0e-b095-b5ed1de8fc431033.mspx





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment