Saturday, June 1, 2013

How to connect my pc to my hdtv?

Q. If i use a VGA to HDMI cord, can i achieve 1080p resolution? I have read that I can only get this with a DVI to HDMI cord. But my pc doesn't have a DVI port. My video card is a Intel G33 Chipset family and it can achieve that resolution but i want to know the best way to set this up. I am going to be using my HDTV for 3D animating and design.

A. That HDMI-VGA cord will NEVER work. Don't even THINK of using one of those.

Those HDMI-VGA cords are meant for video cards that have a specially-built HDMI port capable of sending out a VGA signal. It will NOT work in reverse for connecting a VGA computer to an HDMI monitor. If you attempt to use that cable with your G33 motherboard's VGA output, you will get NO image.

The HDMI jacks on monitors or HDTVs can ONLY be connected to DVI or HDMI signal sources. It will NEVER work with VGA.


How do I change the channel so its on games?
Q. I own a Sony Bravia LED LCD HDTV 3D.
We got it a few days ago and we have no idea how to get on the channel it needs to be on in order to play games.

Thanks in advance!!! :)
Sorry if this is in the wrong category... I had no idea where else to put it. :/

A. AV typically would be the channel which can be seen on the remote as an arrow pointing into a box, usually at the top. Your tv however sounds new so if you have hooked your tv to say and xbox 360 or ps3 using a HD cable then it would be on one of the HD channels, to view the list of channels press 'source' on your remote, if you are using a scart lead (i.e. red, yellow and white needles) then it will be on the scart channel. Look at the back of your TV to see which port you have inserted the cable from the console into, then go to that channel.


Would my built in laptop blueray player play 3D content if?
Q. I'm buying a hdtv 3D and I will be connecting my computer to it. It has a bluerayer player and I just bought the cyberlink powerDvD11 which supports 3d. Would that allow me to play 3D movies? Also the tv I'm getting has 2D to 3D conversion. I can watch anything 3D by the touch of a button. But I would rather play a movie made to be 3D

A. On a 17" screen you have to sit pretty close to appreciate 1080p content so as long as you dont sit too far away yeah it will look good. And laptops can output 1080p over HDMI and should be able to do 24hz but i would have to confirm that part.

I had a blu-ray burner on my laptop that i got last april and it was nice and that was only a 15.4" screen. Only downside is that the software for playback can be a bit troublesome sometimes





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment