Sunday, May 26, 2013

I purchased a HDTV from Sears in Nov 07,and also purchased the master warranty for it. It expire's in 2011.?

Q. In March of 09 I went to turn it on and there was colored lines from top to bottom about12 " wide. The Sears tech came to fix it and he said that the panel must have been hit with something,but the screen had no damage or dents. He did say that if I knew for sure that nothing happened it could of got hot and resulted in the explosion. He also said that this TV was not made anymore in fact they quit making them over 4 years ago. and there was no panels available and I would have to get another one from Sears to replace it.This TV is a Proscan 42".They have went back and forth with me now 1 1/2 months and now they say they will not honor the agreement. I am just sick over this as I am 60 years old and there was nothing that happened to the TV from my side.I wandered why they would of sold me the warrenty if the TV went out of buisness 4 years ago. Although the tech that came to the house said there was approx 400 of Proscan tv's in there warehouse. Please some one help,I've tried everything I know to do.

A. Try sears corporate offices. There is usually a number for customers to call and complain, when you call tell them that you would like the district manager to call you back. Tell them your story and see what they will do for you. If they will not help, contact the media. Usually one of your local cable channels has a person that investigates and helps people who have been wronged by companies. That will make them help you since no retail chain wants the negative publicity.


Does Sega GT 2002/JSRF Disk work on Xbox 360 as of August 2011?
Q. I recently purchased a used 1st Gen Xbox 360(working condition) with a 20gig Hard Drive and a gently used Sega GT/JSRF Combo disk last sunday and I have updated the Xbox via Xbox Live. When I load the disk it says "Play Xbox Demo" and when I play it a pop up comes up saying something happened and there should be a update/ check www.xbox.com/games.

I have the console connected via HDMI and set to 1080p. I also have the HDTV-TV cable and the option to change the PAL 50 to 60 doesn't appear in my settings.

What could be the problem?

A. This sounds like something i would contact microsoft about. that would be your best bet


Which Mac should I get?
Q. ! am buying a new Mac this summer so I have a question.

I already have a 13" Mac book Pro (low end default) late 2011 and Ipad 2.

(Don't mention rumors to me) If some of the items are renewed, the price probably would not wander do different from now.

Can someone tell me what to you think is the best choice and why.

I have a $8000 budget so money is not a problem.

1. Macbook Pro 15"

i7 quad core 2.5 GHZ
AMD 1 GB Graphic Processer
8 GB of Ram
128 GB SSD
Hi Res Glossy Screen (I like Glossy)

with a Thunderport Display (I would like to know the max. numbers of TB displays the MBP 15" can handle.)

2.

Mac Mini

i5 duo core 2.7 GHZ
8 GB of Ram
256 GB SSD
AMD 6630m

Hook it up to my 42" HDTV

and

Macbook Air 11"

i5 duo core 1.6 GHZ (Saves battery power)
4 GB of Ram
64 GB

3.

Imac 27"

i7 quad core 3.4 GHZ
16 GB of Ram
AMD 2 GB Graphic Processor
750 HDD 7200 RPM ( I am considering ssd)

4.

Imac 21"

i7 quad core 2.8 GHZ
16 GB of Ram
AMD 1 GB Graphic Processor
750 HDD 7200 RPM

and

13" Macbook Pro (I will be a 2012 model) (Ha Ha)

Or

13" (Prehaps 11") Macbook Air
Both at low end default setting

5.

Tell me what you would buy!

Of course I will tell you what I do with my computers.

I work heavy on RAM. I had 12 MB of Ram left this morning. (My MBP 13" has 4GB of ram)

My MBP uses around 30% of my CPU in my normal day. ( iMovie pushs it to 60%)

My normal gaming is Lego Star Wars 3 (Yes, I am a star wars fan). This makes my MBP very loud (Fan noise). The CPU is probaly not 100% (It is full screen so there is no way in monitoring the CPU) but the GPU works very hard to keep the game going (The games is I rated 85-90%) Frames are pretty fast and It has never dragged.

Storage is not a problem because I am a huge fan of External storage. (I also planning on investing in a thunderbort storage system)

As far as speakers, I have a Bose Companion 20 so that is not a big problem either.

I would also love for you to give me some advice on choice between SSD and HDD. I am sort of lost in the SSD vs HDD.

As Battery is a concern for many, I really do not travel a lot but I do move homes a lot!

I really need some detailed advice!!

A. Option 3 is good choice if money isn't much of an issue. You don't need another laptop because you said you have a 13" macbook pro (low end) and an ipad 2.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment