Monday, June 3, 2013

Can I use my Panasonic LCD HDTV as a computer monitor?

Q. I want to use my Panasonic LCD HDTV as a computer monitor. My computer only has a VGA input. My Panasonic LCD HDTV has these types of connectors:

2 HDMI Inputs
2 S-Video Inputs
3 Sets of A/V inputs
1 Set of 3 Composite Video inputs

I want to know which type of cable can be used to connect my LCD HDTV to my computer. You can also mention cable strategies such as :

VGA to DVI to HDMI

I also want to know if I can buy these types of cables at a store (CircuitCity, WalMart, RadioShack, etc...). Please don't mention anything about Video Cards.

If you impress me with your answer, you'll get 10 Points. Make sure your answers as detailed as possible.
Why do I need to buy a video card?

This is an example:

http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccac/images/items/CV-25120_L.jpg

With this cable, I can connect my computer to the LCD HDTV. Are there any other cables like these buy in different formats or does anyone know where can I buy this type of cable?

A. You can use the s video but the quality wont be as good


Is using an HDTV as your computer monitor bad for your eyes?
Q. I have a 28" 1080p hdtv, and was wondering if it would be bad to use it for long periods of time as a computer monitor. It'll be about a little over a foot or two from my face, as I'm sitting at a desk. Will this cause anything bad to happen to my eyes? Is there anyway to avoid this?

A. its just like using a lcd monitor. so no it probably isnt bad for your face.


Is an HDTV worse than a computer monitor to your eye?
Q. I just bought a computer that comes without a monitor, so I use the HDTV in my house as my computer monitor. Though, it is big and clear, but I feel tired very soon. I feel like my eye is worsen than. My mom keeps telling me to change my monitor. Does anyone know anything about monitors and optics? I am very concern about my eyes, don't wanna blind so soon.

A. It probably has to do with the size of the screen and how close you are to it. HD or a regular monitor won't make any difference...but a huge screen, and sitting close will cause eye strain quickly.

Like sitting in the first 10 rows at a movie theatre is hard on the eyes.

Don't worry...it won't make you blind. When it makes you tired, you stop....that is your brain protecting you.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment