Sunday, June 2, 2013

What are the basics of how to pick an HDTV?

Q. I want one that's crystal clear for my Xbox 360 gaming, and watching movies.
I know I want a 32", 1080p and i don't know what else i need to look for to know how it will affect the HD.
So help me out with any info.

A. Go look at them.

I found mine based on price and reviews. I think the picture on a plasma is 10x as good as LCD for the price, so I got one. I looked at it in the store, I was impressed by it, and it was on sale.

Just make sure it has 1080p, and see which one looks best on the show floor. Your local Best Buy or whatever should have a bunch out.


How well does a Blu Ray player upscale DVDs?
Q. I am considering getting something to upscale normal DVDs for a new 47' 1080p HDTV. I have looked at Blu Rays for a while and have recently read that they make normal DVDs look better. If so, would normal DVDs look better on a Blu Ray player or an upscaler?

P.S. Do you have any suggestions on brands or models of Blu Ray players or upscalers?

A. It depends on the blu ray player some blu ray players are better at up-scaling than others....read the reviews for the player your thinking of buying to see how it does...blu ray players that get high ratings for up-scaling include some models from Panasonic Pioneer and LG what I have noticed also is that the more expensive models not only have better blu ray rendition but also do up-scaling better also, another thing I have noticed is when blu ray first came out it was a hot topic how well the blu ray player could upscale, lately its not mentioned as much anymore...


Is the 2 Year Protection Plan from Best Buy a ripoff?
Q. Just recently bought a Dynex led hdtv for my girlfriend's birthday. But i heard that dynex tvs aren't reliable and are more prone to breaking. Should I go back to the store and get a 2 year protection plan for it? I don't have enough money to buy a more expensive tv so that's not an option for me.

A. All three answers are way off base. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+55%22+Class+/+LCD+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+HDTV/1437844.p?id=1218259335717&skuId=1437844 to start. Look at the reviews. Dynex breaks no more or less than Sony, Samsung, Panasonic. I bought this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B+-+46%22+Class+/+1080p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9605116.p;jsessionid=5357B88A1FCCC2EAD7A2A0ACCEE9DDDA.bbolsp-app03-23?id=1218131141989&skuId=9605116 I guess over 200 people each case are what? Idiots? Go ahead and spend the extra money to get a name brand say an extra $500. And? Extended warranty? Oh hell yes. On any brand not just because it's a Dynex. A 32" CRT set was $700-$1200. A 32" LDC $350. Something had to give, quality. If you get 5-7 years, any set, you did good. My 46" has a $1200 Samsung LCD panel. I paid $500 for the set. If the panel breaks am I going to spend $1200? No. Let the extended warranty pay for it. To the other 3 answers, I guess car insurance is a joke too? Protect your investment.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment