Thursday, June 6, 2013

Do PC games look the same through a 1080p HDTV as they do through an LCD monitor?

Q. Will the picture be of the same quality on a 1080p HDTV as it is through an LCD monitor of the same resolution?
I have ran games through my 720p HDTV, and they graphics looked poor compared to my monitor.

A. we just brought a 52'' 1080p lcd for the superbowl and i hook my 360 up to it after runing it on my 22'' acer lcd and my home theatre projector and on some games like gta iv it looks better on my 22'' and 1680x1050 resloution for some reasion on the 52'' i can see the lines that make up the graphics in the game its not a big deal from far back but it just might be because the tv is massive and can see better detail but on madden this 52'' looks amazing


Does a digital cable picture look bad on a lcd 1080p hdtv?
Q. A co-worker is selling their 40" lcd 1080p hdtv to get a bigger tv. I want to buy it but I only have cable because its included in my rent. But I don't watch a lot of tv (except for some sports); I want an hdtv mainly for gaming and movies. I'm worried that cable will look so bad I won't be able to watch any sports, etc. on tv.

A. It's not too bad. I have a 1080 and it is still very watchable for sports and everything else on regular cable. When you get the T.V. I would mess around with the settings and fine tune it to what looks best to you so you get the best picture possible. Regular 480i (cable tv) doesn't look much different on an LCD than it does on a tube TV.. But if you have a cable company that supports High Definition cable and has high definition cable boxes, it might be worth investing in if you decide you want to watch a little more television. Sports are broadcast in HD with a lot of cable companies now and it's awesome to watch. Something to think about... Good luck and enjoy it if you get it :)


besides the picture quality, can my old dvd player work with the new 1080p HDTV?
Q. i am getting a new 1080p hdtv but don't feel like spending another few hundred bux for a upconverting dvd, for now.
can the old dvd player work with hdtv? do i need to buy any connect wire?

A. Absolutely! Use the best connection you can so you get the best possible picture. If your DVD player has an HDMI port, use that. Otherwise use the component cables (red, gree, blue for video + red and white for audio). If not that, try S-Video. And lastly, if not that, use the yellow, red and white component cables.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment