Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What accessories do i need for an hdtv?

Q. I'm buying an hdtv, are there any other seperate cables i need to buy? I just want to hook it up to my verizon fios hdtv dvr via the red white and yellow cables. will that enable hdtv or will i need to hook up something else?

A. Firstly and most importantly u will need a helmet!! then as follows

jack hammer
pincers
screw drivers
some basic cables
and a large window.


Why do I keep having problems with the power supply on my Wii?
Q. So far, I've now gone through 2 power supplies on my Wii in the past 9 months. I can't figure it out! They're plugged into a surge protector, the same one my HDTV, DVR, DVD, Amp, and PS3 are plugged into. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help!

A. When I Have problems with my AC Adapter (or I guess what you're calling the power supply), I can usually just unplug it from the Wii and the Outlet for about 10 minutes and then plug it back in and it will work fine.


Is there a DVR that can record HD TV to DVD?
Q. I curretnly have a DirecTV receiver with TiVo. I want to get HD TV but it has to have the TiVo function. I'll want to record the shows in HD. I know there are DVR's now that can record to DVD but is there a DVR that can record HDTV to DVDs? A HDTV DVR DVD Recorder?

A. No, not exactly.

DVD is limited to 480p resolution and, technically, is not HD. HD is 720p or 1080i or 1080p resolution. You can always record an HD show at a lower resolution such as 480i and burn that to DVD.

I have an HDTV with a Series 1 TiVo, a Comcast HD DVR, and a DVD player. We watch shows form all three sources on the HDTV. So, compatibility with an HDTV is not a problem. The major differences are the video quality with the HD shows being best, DVD second best, and traditional NTSC shows on TiVo or Comcast DVR to be next best.

Later this year (2006), TiVo will come out with their Series 3 DVR which will include over-ther-air ATSC HD tuners and CableCard/QAM tuners for Cable digital and HD signals. This means that there will be a TiVo HD DVR but you'll still be stuck transfering down-res versions of HD shows to DVD if that is what you want.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv1-wdgt&p=tivo%20series%203

Blu-ray and HD-DVD, two competing formats, are coming out in the next several months. But, currently, they are limited to playback only, no recording capability, as of yet.
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=blu-ray&ei=UTF-8&fr=slv1-wdgt&x=wrt
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hd-dvd&ei=UTF-8&fr=slv1-wdgt&x=wrt





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment