Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What Hdtv should I buy for a ps3 and for Comcast digital cable?

Q. I have a ps3 with a hd cord and i want to buy an HDtv for a game room. My price range is up to 450 dollars. I am looking for a 32 to 40 inch. I would like 1080p but i don't know what to get for Hz. Can you tell me what tv to get for a ps3 and comcast digital cable in hd. It will be in my basement.

A. You probably won't be able to notice the difference between 720p and 1080p in that size range. However you will be stuck getting an LCD, so get one with the highest refresh rate possible, especially if you plan on getting one towards the larger end of that spectrum. 120 Hz is much better than 60 Hz when it comes to playing back movies, but such LCDs will still not be perfect in response time; for that, keep your old CRT or get a plasma.
Some good brands of LCD in that range include Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Toshiba, and Sharp.


Does anyone know how to record gameplay from an Emerson HDTV through a Dazzle to PC?
Q. Its gameplay from the Xbox and I cant seem to get it in good quality, I use a Monster brand HD cable to play the Xbox as well. Does anyone know how to record it in the HD instead of the shitty standard def?

A. First off the gameplay will not reach HDMI standards, you will never record over 720p. Let me explain, the video game console at present will only play games in 720p. So, if you have an HDMI cable from any company, it does not matter if it is a label brand that you trust (quite as kept they all the do the same thing, so spending for a specific label is over kill) - anyways, back to the cable - you will not get 1080p or 1080i.
I never liked dazzle & what the company released as quality, so I cant comment any positives or any information on how to force this item to give you what you need and want. I can say that dazzle will not give you 720p unless it has an upscaling or upconverting composite in feed to out feed. Other alternates include buying a component input and output capturing device. Also look into HDMI to HDMI capturing devices.
There are many top shelf HD PVR that people select to use on a daily bases and each one has its own strengths. I can explain how I record my gameplay in HD. Maybe it will generate some ideas as to how you can accomplish this with your product.

1. Using the auxiliary cables (red white yellow) from your xbox 360 or Playstation PS3 output cable set - connect that to the input composite set area on the tristar mx hdpvr.
2. connect the component wire from the hdpvr to your hdtv (red, green, blue wires).
3. power on both video game console and tristar hdpvr
4. start playing the video game
5. press video in and then record on the tristar mx hdpvr
6. press stop on the hdpvr when the gameplay footage ends. now the video gameplay is available to transfer to your computer.
7. connect the hdpvr to your computer or mac with usb cables.

you will see the gameplay saved to the hd vpr hard drive. i have a 1 TB hard drive in mine and an extra 1 TB hard driver externally connected to my tristar mx hd pvr.

This is how I do it. I hope it generates a solution for you. Good luck.


Can you tell the difference between 60hz and 120hz HDTVs?
Q. I'm looking to buy a new TV, around 40" 1080p for gaming, movies, and sports. It seems you can't buy a 120hz LCD HDTV for under $800 but is it really worth it?

Also, do you notice the difference much between the generic brands and higher end brands?

Thanks in advance to those giving good advice!

A. I believe you will see a big difference between 60 and 120 Hz on a 40" TV. Fast action, like sports, will look more fluid and smooth with a higher refresh rate.

No disrespect intended to Jason, but I think you're better off with a name-brand TV. I run a technical training facility. I have 3 32" LCD TVs with 60 Hz refresh rates side-by-side - Sony, Phillips, and Insignia. The Insignia looks great by itself, but turn on the Sony and Phillips, and the Insignia obviously has a lower picture quality than the others.

When you're in the store looking at TVs, bear in mind that they adjust picture elements to make the picture look the best it can in that environment. Ask the salesperson to adjust the picture back to factory default for each set you are considering. Then you can compare apples to apples. (The picture will be somewhat dull under the lighting in the store. It will look brighter in your living room.)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment