Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What kind of HDTV is the best for gaming?

Q. I am curious as to what kind of HDTV (Plasma, LCD, DLP) is the best for gaming. Of the TV's I've played on, most of them have a noticeable response time (time from button press to action happening on screen). This really limits how well an FPS can be played.

To this point i've stuck with playing my 360 on my computer monitor, but really want to get an HDTV. Are there any TV's out there that have great response times?

A. CRT's probably are the fastest in terms of response time, but they lack true High Definition which most gamers like. From my use of all 3 technologies, LCD, Plasma and DLP, the fastest response times still come from a Plasma television. The newer LCD's are catching up, but Plasma still beats them IMHO. If you want, you can check out some review articles on Plasma vs. LCD at the website I refer to below. I have bought a Plasma based on their reviews myself.


Any suggestions for a christmas gift for my gamer boyfriend?
Q. He is 22 years old and loves gaming on his Wii and PS3. He also loves computers and designing websites. Some other things that may be relevant to a gift: He has an HDTV he games on, he loves music, and we have been together for 6 years (and we love each other very much!). I kind of wanted to think of a way to make if personal as well, if I could, I just have NO idea what to get him for some reason. My brain is just blocked! Any ideas are welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

A. get him a game that you can play together
im sure he'd like that

xoxo


What kind of HDTV specifications will I need to enjoy PS3 or 360?
Q. Price is an issue, don't want to go nuts but want an adequate flat screen for gaming. I'd like to know what to look for before going to best buy or something and getting talked into a pricey tv I don't need. LCD? Plasma? Don't know much about this stuff.

A. Well first off, you need to decide what size you want, that is going to effect price as well.
Next i would decide on the brand of tv. I would recommend a Vizio, amazing video quality and audio quality! Hands down i would get a Vizio, plus they are the more reasonable priced TVs for what you get!

And if you want to get the most out of your gaming get a 1080p with the highest contrast ratio you can get. (contrast ratio will be displayed on the tv like this > 50,000:1 or 150,000:1. Not saying those are the numbers to get but the higher that contrast ratio number is, the better the picture will be.

Also i wouldn't get a plasma, i here those burn out after a period of years and get ugly looking, i would either suggest a HD tv or maybe the new LCD tvs if you have the cash.

But its your choice to pick the tv that is best fit for you. I just put in my two cents =)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment