Monday, May 20, 2013

Why do my games run faster on a HDMI out?

Q. I have a laptop with 3gb ram and 2.4 ghz procc. Yet, when i run my games on my laptop, i get around 70% performance. But when i connect it to my hdtv, the games run smoother than ever. Can anyone tell me why?

A. The HDMI can transmit far more information at one time. With other connections such as VGA or component cables the video output signal has to be downgraded to be transmitted which creates a bottleneck or chokepoint for the video giving you a pretty noticeable drop in quality.


How do I get local HD through a qam tuner?
Q. I am a little confused about this and I cant seem to find the right answer. I want to buy an HDTV for gaming, not so much the TV, so I dont want to buy additional HD packages from the cable company. I am interested in the free local HD through a qam tuner though. My question is this: Can I recieve this HD content with the basic cable package ( no box, just the coaxial cable coming through the wall), or do I need more?

A. Most cable companies do NOT scramble the local high def stations so you can use the QAM tuner on your tv to watch these stations.
Yes, just connect cable wire from wall to the back of your tv. Here is the important part. You must SCAN for channels the first time you hook up the cable wire. This can take up to 50 minutes. The local hd stations are usually high numbers with a deciaml point. For example, the QAM stations here are 46.1 104.5 106.1 106.3 114.1
There are many, many, blank stations in between your analog cable stations and the few unscrambled channels.

Note that the above info assumes that you have expanded basic cable channels 2-80 or so. If you have just basic cable channels 2-13, there MAY be a filter on your line which means you would NOT be able to pick up the local HD stations.


Any suggestions for a christmas gift for my gamer boyfriend?
Q. He is 22 years old and loves gaming on his Wii and PS3. He also loves computers and designing websites. Some other things that may be relevant to a gift: He has an HDTV he games on, he loves music, and we have been together for 6 years (and we love each other very much!). I kind of wanted to think of a way to make if personal as well, if I could, I just have NO idea what to get him for some reason. My brain is just blocked! Any ideas are welcomed and appreciated! Thanks!

A. get him a game that you can play together
im sure he'd like that

xoxo





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment