Friday, April 12, 2013

How do I set up my PC to display the Desktop on my HDTV?

Q. I have a non HD monitor, LCD. LG brand 1900L. I can go into the Nvidia controls and theres something saying to push TV connection upon startup. There is not one of those standard "1 - 2 " boxes" in the display settings that I have seen before. I am wondering if i plug a cord from my HDTV Aquos 46" to my PC Tower will it recognize?

A. Most tv's these days should have an allocated pc input as standard, some being analogue and others being digital connections.

Vga sends analogue signals and Dvi sends digital signals

Firstly, check what monitor cable connections your pc has on the back e.g. vga port or a dvi port.

Now look around the back of your tv to see if your tv has any pc sockets.

If you're tv has any of the above mentioned sockets, try testing out a connection from your pc to tv by linking a male to male vga or dvi cable to both devices and see if anything pops up on your tv.

If this doesn't work you should try both vga and dvi, depending wether your computer and tv have at least one of these mentioned connections.

In your tv menu if possible, try finding a channel or input menu where it detects feeds or signals from pc connections and wait a few seconds to see if anything pops up.

Also see if there's a channel labelled pc inputs or dvi for an example.

Sound output is another matter altogether, but most tv's should definitely have a sound device output socket on the back, being optical digital or analogue audio connections.

Some tv's have an aux input so you can connect a long aux cable from your computer into the tv to hear the audio from your videos playing from the pc to the screen.

Hdtv's should accept pc video resolutions absolutely fine and should scale automatically or you can adjust manually onscreen according with menu functions inside your tv's menu.

Hope this info helps

chris s.


How can i get rock band 1, 2, or 3 to play smoothly?
Q. When I play Rock Band 1, 2, or 3 on my HDTV (Samsung 46' no "Game mode") the chart jumps alot. It will be smooth for half a second then pause and jump to compensate for the freeze. I play in 720p on my PS3 at 60 GHz. Even when I downgrade the quality to 480i, it sill does this.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!

A. idk i havent had a prob like that on any rock band on any tv. the only thing i can suggest is calibration and checking all ps3 and tv settings


What's the difference like when playing blu ray on a 720p hdtv rather than a 1080p?
Q. i have a 42" samsung 720p lcd hdtv. is it still worth getting a blu ray player?

is there a noticeable or big difference between using a 720p and 1080p when playing blu ray?

A. most won't tell the difference for 1080p until you get over a certain size and distance from the screen.

Most would agree that 1080p after 46" starts to be a "must have". your under that so it really depends on your player and tv set.

don't listen to the guy talking about hdmi being the only way to get HD. I use component just fine for my ps3 and other blu ray players. I don't even have a 1080p set but I prefer my "tweaked avia set" over those over blown contrast sets you get these days. It's all preference.

I run mine at 1080i and 720p.

Hdmi is by far the cheapest way to go since it's one cable and you don't have to worry about shielding as much as a component cable.

There is a difference from HD over cable/sat, Over the Air (OTA), and blu ray/ HD dvd. Watch the bit rate stream. PS3 lets you watch it as it is playing. Cable/Sat is capped and OTA is generally better if you have a good signal since it's not as compressed.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment