Friday, April 12, 2013

What do I need to get to get my HDTV to display Comcast Basic cable?

Q. Just purchased a 50" Samsung HL-S5086W. DVDs and most of my XBOX games look fabulous, and SOME channels look a little better than my regular TV, was told there is some sort of $5 part I can get to enjoy the 1080i without going to Digital Cable.
Just talked with Comcast and they told me $16 a month for the set top box.

A. You need a HD programming service from comcast. They will give you a new HD box. I believe its a $5.00 more for the rental of that HD box as compared to normal digital box. There are about 19 true HD channels offered by Comcast to date.
Go exchange the existing digital box with the HD box from your local comcast office. Else they will charge your for sending someone to install. All connection cables are provided with the HD box. Just follow the isntructions. I have it. Nice to have HD with 5.1 audio ! Looks and sounds awesome.

P.S. If you have been a customer for 6 or more months you can opt for $9.95 HD box with HD DVR. This way you can also record HD programming ! They charge a deposit for this if you are a relatively new customer.
Tip: get a $100.00 service rebate if you sign up for HD programming from retail stores like Circuit city or Radioshack. You get $100.00 off on your comcast bill after about 6-8 weeks.

Hope this helps! Good Luck

Added 12/8: $16.00 for the box ?? The rates maybe differing from market to market then. Its only 9.95 with HD DVR over here in Phila area! Do visit Circuit city or Radioshack to upgrade to HD. Over here we have the $100.00 rebate promotion until 12/31!


What's the difference between 1080p and 1024x768 HDTV Resolutions?
Q. On my XBOX 360 System Settings I can choose 1080i, 1080p, and 1024x768 resolutions. Which on of these gives the highest quality picture? I just got my XBOX 360 and moved from PC gaming to XBOX gaming, and I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

Any reply that even remotely answered my question would be greatly appreciated.

A. It depends on your tv. If you have a full 1080p HDTV, the pic the 1080p setting. It is the best quality but you need an hdmi. I don't knownif xbox comes with hdmi cable or if you have to buy it though.


black bar on right side of TV screen when playing xbox?
Q. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I have a single thin black bar on the right side of my HDTV screen when playing xbox games, but everything else looks normal and fills the screen as it should. What do I do?

A. replace ur video cable





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment