Friday, April 12, 2013

What is the dirfference between Flat panel HDTV's and LCD HDTVs?

Q. I am planning on buy a tv. I decided which one i want from plasma and LCD. I am going with LCD. When i went on panasonic.com. They have two options. Flat panel and LCD ( both HDTVs). Technology wise which is better flat panel or LCD? Also how come LCD does not have more then 50 inch? Is it just panasonic that doesnt make?

A. I don't know why they differentiate those two. Flat Panel could refer to either Plasma, or LCD. Plasma and LCD are the two TV technologies that would be considered "Flat Panel". Flat Panel would refer to the fact that the TV is thin, as opposed to a traditional TV that is more box shaped.

In terms of Plasma and LCD, neither is inherently better. They each have various pro's and con's, neither of which leads to a better inherent choice.

Plasma: Better Blacks. Might reflect light (glass panel). Uses a little more electricity.

LCDs: Better if you have a bunch of light you can't control.


How long should it take a TV to "thaw out"?
Q. My mom bought a 50 inch HDTV last night (Black Friday deal for $350), and it has been in the car at like 40 degrees (F) all night. My dad says you have to let it sit for twelve hours because all the parts need to thaw out (I know things change size with temperature), then the condensation needs to dry out so it wont short out.

I get what he's saying, but twelve hours seems a little much. How long should it take for the parts to return to their shape at room temperature and the condensation to dry up?

A. I would put the tv next to the heater vent for a few hours but personally wouldn't wait 12 hours.


how to connect s video from vista laptop to panasonic hdtv?
Q. I have a toshiba vista laptop that have an s video cord and also a panasonic 50 inch tv. I want to see my laptop screen on my tv so i bought an s video cord. I went home and plugged in both ways and changed my tv input but nothing came up. My laptop wasn't able to detect the tv either. Please help and be specific because i am not very good and laptop tv things. Thanks.

A. You'll probably have to enable the SVIDEO output on the laptop, which could be with a button on the keyboard. A lot of times the ALT or FUNCTION key plus another key enables it. Sometimes the key is above a number key and looks like a tv screen. The only other place it may be be able to be enabled is in the graphics properties. In vista that would be right click the desktop and click screen resolution, then go into advanced settings.

I will tell you though SVIDEO looks horrible unless your'e just watching a movie with it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment