Thursday, April 11, 2013

What is needed when buying a 1080p HDTV?

Q. Im thinking of buying a 1080p HDTV, what I need to know is what else, besides the Tv, will I need to buy. Any cables or anything? because when i bought my ps3 it came with an HDMI Cable, so I already have that. Just wondering if anything extra is needed besides the tv and the hdmi?

A. If you have digital cable or satellite you will just plug your tv into the tuner box using an HDMI cable. If you don't have a tuner box, you'll just need a regular coax cable to plug into your wall.

So no, you're all good to go!


Is there a difference between 720p and 1080p HDTVs when playing a Playstation 3?
Q. except that 1080p HDTVs are bigger in size. Is the quality in HD different. Because in my room i dont think i can afford/fit a 40 inch 1080p TV. So is there a difference between 720p and 1080p ? Also 16:9 is best right ?

A. 1080p, in the simplest terms, means there are 1080 lines of vertical resolution, progressively scanned.

720p means the same, but 720 lines. Smaller TV's, say 32" and smaller, 1080p vs 720p, the difference is tough to notice. A bigger TV, having more lines is better.

I have a 32" LCD, and I honestly can't tell 720p and 1080p apart on games. I KNOW there is a difference there, but I just can't see it. Blu-Rays, on the other hand, have a definite difference.

Don't worry about fitting a 40" TV in your room. Get whatever size you'd like, and 720p will still look great.

1080p IS a higher quality to be sure, just so I'm clear on that. Enjoy!!


How much power is still being used when a 36" LCD LG 1080p HDTV is turned off?
Q. I have a LG 36" LCD 1080p HDTV and I was wondering how much power is still being used when I turn off the power on the TV but it remains plugged into the wall? If someone could give me the comparison of when it's on versus off that would be great too. Thanks so much

A. Normal stand-by mode for TV's are in the tenths of a watt or .1 watt.

It's as close to nothing a TV will use!

For a 36" LCD TV to be on, the typical wattage is around 125 watts. That's a little over $2 a day if on for 5 hours a day!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment