Thursday, April 11, 2013

Which tv should i buy?

Q. The tv has to be an led and has to have a screen size of 55-60 inches. I would like them to be either sony or samsung. I would like a tv with 3d capabilities and wifi connectivity. Im trying to keep the price range between 2000 to 3700

A. In your above price range if you are looking to get a tv from 55-60 inch i would suggest LG 55LH55 LCD HDTV. It's has 80,000:1 Dynamic contrast ratio for deeper blacks and greater picture detail, Intelligent Sensor automatically optimizes the picture to the lighting conditions of the room for an enjoyable viewing experience.Full HD 1080p resolution fro enhanced picture quality.The picture is great with HD content,this is a great purchase.


Only getting 480p on my TV please help?
Q. I bought a 55 inch Vizio HDTV and an HDMI cable and I have it set on Wide screen mode, however I cannot get the full 1080p it says I am only gettting 480p any insight on how to get the full is appreciated!
Whats wrong with Vizio??/ Anyway I have everything I need, I am watching the correct channels, and like for example golf I was trying to watch it but it appeared kinda blurry like a "regular" tv and said 480p but it is an LED tv that I payed almost 2,000 for...

A. First, be aware that you cannot get 1080p from broadcast television. The limit is 1080i. 1080p is mainly available via Blue-ray DVDs and certain game boxes.

Next, if you are a cable or satellite customer, you need to set the output resolution of the box to match your TV. If it has a 1080p screen, get into the menu for the box, find the output resolution settings, and set it to 1080i. If your TV has a 720p screen, set it to 720p.

Other than that, in order to see real HD on an HDTV, you need 5 things. Here they are:

1. An HD television set.
2. An HD cable or satellite receiver.
3. A subscription to the company’s HD channel package.
4. An HDMI cable (preferred) to connect the box to the TV, or at least a set of 5 component cables (red-blue-green video plus red-white audio).
5. You need to be watching a program that’s actually being broadcast in HD, on an HD channel. (Some content on HD channels is actually standard-def.)

If any one of the above 5 items are missing on a cable or satellite system--no HD picture.

If you have a very good over-the-air antenna, all you need for HD reception is #1 and #5 above.

Note in the above discussion that “HD” and “digital” are not the same thing. For example, all satellite channels are digital, but many or most of them are standard-def, not HD.

(There is actually another way to get HD channels on a cable system with no box, but it requires a 3rd tuner in the TV—QAM—and it requires QAM channels to be present on the cable system, which is not guaranteed. I only mention this option to make the answer fully complete, but in reality, QAM channels cannot be relied upon in all areas or indefinitely in any area.)
=================
Followup per your additional details: there is nothing wrong with your TV. It, like all modern TVs, will display the resolution of the signal fed into it. Your set is showing 480p because, one way or another, that's what it's receiving.

You haven't said whether you are a cable or satellite customer or, if you are, whether you optioned your box to the correct output resolution as I suggested above. That would be the first thing I'd look for, and if you haven't done it, that's the first thing you should do.


Help me with HDMI cables?
Q. Hi we just bought a 55 inch Samsung LCD-LED HDTV 1080p and 240hz tv...

It has spots for four HDMI cables...I'm not really sure what these are for? I think Blue Ray player, Direct TV box, and anything else?

Also, I noticed some online or under $10 and in the stores they're over $100! I don't want to spend more than I have to...how do I know what kind of HDMI cables to buy? Help!
And are there different kinds? We were told we should probably get 8 feet but are there different kinds of cables?
My hubby is into gaming and does want to be able to hook up our computer...but I'm trying to help him out :)

A. I agree with all off the above answers. Cheap HDMI cables are just as good as the expensive ones; don't listen to all the marketing and sales people who try to tell you differently.

As for what to use the HDMI ports for - I have 4 as well and connect my XBox 360, HD digital cable box and PC all hooked up to my tv via HDMI. The only thing I'm considering adding PS3 or stand-alone Blu Ray Player. I know some people who have multiple DVRs and standalone DVD player that they connect via HDMI as well. Who knows what cool tech they'll come out with in the next year? More is better! :-)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment