Thursday, April 11, 2013

why watching DVD movie on HDTV not full screen?

Q. I have Samsung 46" HDTV 120hz. Every time I'm watching DVD movies, the picture 16:9 is so small (not full screen) When I zoom it, some of titles are cut. Please help.
I figured out by changing the setup on my panasonic upscalling dvd player. The viewing not full screen but good size of 16:9 widescreen.

A. First of all you must setup the DVD output format, this is done when no disc is in the player and using the menu buttons to navigate through the pages of menus.
Secondly you must realize that Hollywood doesn't make movies in 16x9 formats. They actually use many different size ratios dependent upon what feel they are going for. The TV manufacturers decided upon 16x9 because movies rarely ever go above this ratio for the vertical height. So TV broadcasters and made for tv movies will usually fill your screen if in HD, normally your movies will have a black bar on the top and bottom. The size of these bars are dependent upon the movie. Also make sure you are watching widescreen versions of the movie.


Whats the best hdmi cable to use for cable box to tv?
Q. I just bought a new hdtv, 120hz Mitsubishi and my cable picture isnt that good, i had cable company repair cable and im receiving perfect signal to my cable box but my picture still not that good, is there a particular brand or style of hdmi cable i need?

A. Since you have a cable box and it has an hdmi slot/cable then im sure it is hddct.I would think either the settings on the tv are way off or your cable box is not set to output hd or your not on the hd channels.I work for mediacom and just like comcast we have just a section for hd in the 702-793 channel set.All other ch are still sd.I have dish network and have the option for only hd to be shown.Depending on the cable box you can try to hit the cable button on remote then power then menu and you can go from there and check settings.I can guarantee that signal is not the issue as with digital/hd low signal will pixilate or no pic at all.


How can I tell if my TV is truly 120Hz?
Q. I've got a Samsung 46' LCD HDTV 1080p, 120hz.
Somehow I'm having doubts that it is rather 60hz.
Is there a way to find out? <------
(No I will not use Blue-rays (Avatar) or anything of this sort to test this out)
I'm thought the manual might have some information but I can't seem to find anything related to Hz or whatever.

A. Go on the Samsung Web site and look at the specs for your TV model. They are also usually printed at the end of the user manual.

If your TV has an option to control "Auto Motion" that is usually a sign that you have 120 Hz





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment