Friday, April 12, 2013

What is the best online source for understanding HDTV sets?

Q. What I really need is "HDTV Buying for Dummies" (smile) or a good online glossary so that I can understand all of the different technical terms and functions related to the new LCD televisions, and how these things relate to me as a buyer. Things have gotten very complicated over the last decade. Thanks.

A. You can see the CNET buying guide for televisions at: http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-buying-guide/?tag=leftColumnArea1.0


How can I play my pal ps3 on my ntsc hdtv?
Q. I've got an european ps3 console and an american hdtv. I bought the correct power converter for the ps3 - which is working fine. When plugging the hdmi cable into the hdtv, I get a message that says " unsupported signal. check your device output." I've also tried the av cables and the image I see is vertically moving. Can anyone help me? THANKS!

A. Not directly PAL and NTSC are different formats

You would need something like this http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/ATLONA-MULTI-SYSTEM-PAL-NTSC-VIDEO-CONVERTER-p-16318.html


how can i watch videos and movies from my computer to hdtv?
Q. is there some sort of cord that i can buy ,like (ethernet) cord or something where i can hook it to my lg hdtv and hook the other end to my cable modem and be able to stream movies and videos from my computer to the hdtv? without buying one of those wii boxes? if so, how do i do it? thanks so much.
i have a desktop pc with windows xp proff.

A. You can buy boxes such as Apple TV (the new one, if it is out), or Roku, to watch some compatible content from your computer or participating online sources.

Some TVs do have network/Internet media players built it, which it will be basically as simple as connecting Ethernet to your router.

Neither will play content your computer is receiving online though. They have to connect to the service themselves, or play content already on your computer.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment