Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Can I have a dual monitor set-up with a computer monitor and a HD TV?

Q. I want to purchase a Dell Zino HD. HDMI and VGA outputs are on it. So can I connect a dual monitor set up with an HDTV and the computer monitor?

A. you should be able to do this simply by plugging them both in and running the monitor calibration options in Display in the Control Panel. What you need to be aware of with the Zino is that the VGA chip is rather poor, and you may find the resolutions available are not compatible with your TV leaving you with less than great screen clarity on the HD TV. It does suggest the the Zino is HD capable (as it is in the title) but graphics wise it is nothing special.


what would be better for gaming, HDTV or LCD computer monitor?
Q. I'm trying to decide if whether i should get a 32 inch HDTV to use as a computer monitor or just buy a 24 inch LCD computer monitor. Which would be better for gaming with first person shooter type games. Also I would use it to play xbox360 and ps3. Which monitor would I get the best resolution out of?

A. basically lcd's and hdtv perform same when used with a computer so just get the bigger one because its bigger of course and you can play at higher resolution.


I am trying to set my computer monitor as an HDTV. Here is what I am trying to do?
Q. I am trying to set my computer monitor as an HDTV because my graphics card has an S-video slot. So I'm thinking about running an S-video cable from the graphics card to my RF Modulator. Then I can have a cable going from the RF Modulator to the digital converter box. Then I would plug the antenna into the converter box. Would that work or would I need a TV tuner?

A. The S-Video on you graphic card is for output purposes. S-Video also is not near HDTV at all.

What you want is a TV Tuner card. If you're going to connect it to your cable coax line, you'd need TV tuner with QAM support. If you want to do it over the air, you need ATSC tuner. Most TV tuner have ATSC, so you just need to make sure they also have QAM support if you're planning to plug the coax line for cable directly.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment