Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How do I make an HP HDTV auto-detect the local digital channels when using rooftop antenna?

Q. At first, while surfing through the local channels I would only see the analog channels, but one day I noticed it was set on Cable, so I changed it to Antenna and the auto search then found digital channels. I don't think I did anything else, but now I can only access analog channels again and it says Antenna in the channel setup.

A. Digital off-the air reception is very sensitive to the direction of your antenna. If you move it, even by a few degrees you can lose reception.
Check www.antennaweb.org for the best direction for your antenna. Then do a rescan.


How do I get my HDTV to receive digital tv?
Q. I have a Sony Bravia HDTV. It has a built in tuner already installed. How do i get my HDTV to recieve digital TV? I have a antenna on the roof. All i could see is static. What should i do?

A. Make sure your outdoor antenna is connected to the UHF or AIR antenna connection and NOT the CABLE connection.

Go into your menu, look for the CHANNELS icon...select it

NOW make sure your tuner is setup for AIR or UHF and NOT CABLE.
If you have a Cable ON/OFF mode turn it OFF.

NOW....Autoprogram it, and when finished make sure your Antenna button on the remote control is set for AIR and NOT CABLE

Too many buttons eh?


How would I go about using an Indoor HD Antenna in addition to my Comcast cable box?
Q. My HDTV only has one cable input and its currently occupied by my Comcast box.. is there any way to set up an HD antenna in addition to the box and easily switch from one to the other?

Also wondering if anyone knew how to do the same setup but with this DIY coathanger antenna in the link below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQhlmJTMzw

Thanks in advance.

A. Not possible to use the same RF connector, unless you want to keep re-scanning for channels. You see cable and antenna use different channels so the TV's tuner needs to scan in either of-the-air or antenna mode.

So, simply connect the antenna to the TV tuner and the set-top box to the TV using any of the other inputs (s-video, composite, etc.). If your box has no other output, it is VERY old, call comcast for an upgrade.

Before you buy an antenna, check which one will work best for you. Depending where you live, a simple indoor antenna may not be good enough (www.antennaweb.org)





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment