Thursday, May 16, 2013

How should I buy an HDTV this time?

Q. Should I line up at Bestbuy or wait for cyber Monday? I heard good deals on TV run out very fast at stores.

A. actualy you get better deals a few weeks before the Super Bowl i would wait


What does it mean if a HDTV has no tuner?
Q. I was looking into buying an Olevia but noticed that there was no tuner. What is it and is it needed if I have HD Directv

A. the HD tuner is what allows your television to 'tune" into HD TV channels. Without an HD tuner you will not be able to watch channels that are broadcast in high definition for example the HD version of the super bowl. You can however purchase an HD tuner separately but they are a but pricey. I would recommend purchasing a TV that has the tuner built in that way it is not necessary to deal with the hassle later. However, sometiimes a company like Direct TV will give you a "box" that has the tuner built in, usually they will charge you more per month to "rent" it. I would make it a point to ask them. Hope this helps.


Better deal on big screen TV, before or after Superbowl?
Q. I've decided to break down and get one of the new LCD Hdtvs so my question do you all think it will be cheaper to buy after Superbowl? or should I just go get one now?

A. I am considering the exact same thing. I have been told to wait until after. Especially since many people will buy a TV then bring them back after the Super Bowl. The store then cannot sell them at retail. They usually will still have the warranty available. Hope this helps!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment